Microsoft Azure Notebooks and Julia Support

The free Microsoft Azure Notebooks service provides hosted Jupyter notebooks with R, F#, Python 3.6, Python 3.5, and Python 2.7 kernel support with the ability to organize notebooks into libraries, but not yet Julia support—or so I thought!

I’ve since noticed that the [experimental JuliaBox beta] (https://ng.juliabox.com/) service is hosted by Microsoft Azure and has hosted Jupyter notebooks with Julia support, albeit, kernels for Julia 0.5.2, and Python 2. Demo Notebook.

At the regular JuliaBox link there is support for Julia 0.3.12, 0.4.7, 0.5.2, 0.6.0-rc2, and 0.7.0-DEV. Is this service hosted by Microsoft Azure as well?

• Is there a reason Azure Notebooks doesn’t offer Julia as a supported language?
  • Is the Python team at Microsoft (currently responsible for Azure Notebooks I believe) who should be contacted regarding Julia support?
  • Is this something JuliaComputing could help expedite?

As an aside, will other services like hosted notebooks at Anaconda Cloud which currently supports Python and R, be somewhere Julia might eventually be supported?

Thanks and Happy 71717 Palindrome Day!