Juno refuses to calculate anything (REPL ok)

This have happened the last few days, I have tried restarting Juno without any change.

After starting Atom I click enter in the REPL to start Julia and get this printed:

Press Enter to start Julia.
               _
   _       _ _(_)_     |  A fresh approach to technical computing
  (_)     | (_) (_)    |  Documentation: https://docs.julialang.org
   _ _   _| |_  __ _   |  Type "?help" for help.
  | | | | | | |/ _` |  |
  | | |_| | | | (_| |  |  Version 0.6.2 (2017-12-13 18:08 UTC)
 _/ |\__'_|_|_|\__'_|  |  Official http://julialang.org/ release
|__/                   |  x86_64-pc-linux-gnu

ERROR: Invalid history file (/home/Torkel.Loman/.julia_history) format:
If you have a history file left over from an older version of Julia,
try renaming or deleting it.
Invalid character: '1' at line 1
Stacktrace:
 [1] hist_from_file(::Base.REPL.REPLHistoryProvider, ::IOStream, ::String) at ./REPL.jl:352
 [2] #setup_interface#23(::Bool, ::Array{Dict{Any,Any},1}, ::Function, ::Base.REPL.LineEditREPL) at ./REPL.jl:771
 [3] run_frontend(::Base.REPL.LineEditREPL, ::Base.REPL.REPLBackendRef) at ./REPL.jl:940
 [4] run_repl(::Base.REPL.LineEditREPL, ::Base.##510#511) at ./REPL.jl:180
 [5] _start() at ./client.jl:413

In addition this red error message appears in the upper right corner of Juno

Julia Client – Internal Error

UndefRefError: access to undefined reference
changeREPLmodule(::String) at repl.jl:99
(::Atom.##139#140)(::Dict{String,Any}) at repl.jl:27
handlemsg(::String, ::Dict{String,Any}, ::Vararg{Dict{String,Any},N} where N) at comm.jl:163
(::Atom.##11#13)() at event.jl:73

I have seen these kind of errors before and haven’t really cared since everything worked fine. Now how ever, things are not working fine. I can use the REPL as normal. However, if I try to execute anything in the files above (like 1+1) using Shift+Enter the cogs appear to the right of the line, but stays there forever. Basically I can only use the REPL and the things I try to execute in the files do not work (this is not good).

Is this a know issue, might the error messages have anything to do with it?

As the error message says, try renaming or deleting /home/Torkel.Loman/.julia_history. Also try Pkg.update()ing and updaing the Atom packages julia-client and ink. If that doesn’t work, can you provide the output of Pkg.status()?

Thank you for the help! Deleting the history file did not fix the issue (but did remove those irritating error messages).

However, updating julia-client and ink did work, cheers.