JuliaUserGroupMunich: Ole Kröger, Javis.jl - Julia Animations and Visualizations

Join us online :spiral_calendar: Monday 6. November 2023 :clock630: CET 18:30.
organized via meetup

Javis.jl - Julia Animations and Visualizations

▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
I am glad to welcome Ole Kröger as our speaker. He is co-creator of Javis.jl and will give us an introduction.
The level will be beginner-friendly.

┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉AGENDA┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉
:clock630: 18:30 - 19:30. Ole Kröger: Javis.jl - Julia Animations and Visualizations

Javis.jl is a general purpose library for creating Julia-based animations and visualizations across domains. It is very flexible in its usage. One can use if form educational content in blogs by creating short gifs it’s also possible to make full length videos. As one says a picture is worth a thousand words. How many words can you spare with the right animation? Animated videos can bring some educational content way closer to the viewer.Javis stands as many packages on the shoulder of giants in this case mostly the infamous library Luxor.jl as well as FFMPEG.jl. It is also very inspired by the Python-based animation engine, manim, which was created by Grant Sanderson (aka 3blue1brown) who uses it for his awesome maths videso on YouTube.In this presentation I’ll show you the key concepts of Javis.

1. Talking about the abstraction system and show you some basic examples of how you might be able to use it in the future for your blog or YouTube channel.
  2. Explaining the different perspectives on creating animations in Javis vs the one that manim uses.
  3. Giving you a range of examples from basic to something a little more advanced.

After the presentation you’ll have a good understanding of the concepts you need to be able to use the power of Javis to create your next animations.

:clock730: 19:30 - open end: Time for further discussion
┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉┉

The event is going to be online. The link will be made available 10 min before the actual start. Please join 5 min ahead, the session is going to start on-time,
:spiral_calendar: Monday 6. November 2023 :clock630: CET 18:30.

Looking forward to see you all,
best,
Stephan Sahm

sponsored by Jolin.io
www.jolin.io

5 Likes

Harsh but probably true… :rofl:

7 Likes

Here’s something a bit more positive :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:star_struck:

that is awesome!

2 Likes

I’m so sorry. I meant it truly only in a positive way and see that it was just a long lasting understanding of English. Thanks for pointing it out such that I’ll know better in the future!

3 Likes

Depending on your personal beliefs, there is at least one infamous Luxor :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Luxor Las Vegas - Wikipedia

Jokes aside, sounds like a great event, looking forward to it!

3 Likes

Talking of old ruins, I noticed that Luxor.jl is 9 years old this month. :scream: It was my first attempt at writing a Julia package, and I was using Julia version 0.3. Probably lots of things could be better now… :rofl:

Funnily enough, I started using Julia after watching Yuri’s presentation at JuliaCon 2014. :wink:

3 Likes

We are live: