JuliaSim - Simulating Reality (upcoming product by Julia Computing)

JuliaSim: Simulating Reality

Coming soon: JuliaSim is a next generation cloud-based simulation platform, combining the latest techniques in SciML with equation-based digital twin modeling and simulation. Surrogatize your models, use pre-accelerated models from the thousands available in the Model Store, generate digital twins from data, and more.

Bringing Julia to Industrial Scale Modeling and Simulation

JuliaSim allows you to directly import models from its Model Store into your Julia environment, making it easy to build large complex simulations. Pre-trained machine learning models leveraging SciML are seamlessly integrated into the engineer’s workflow, saving both model development and simulation time. Design your physical product right and reduce iterations by creating high-fidelity designs, automatically transforming them into accelerated versions, and searching through vast parameter spaces.

Find out more at:

More details to be announced at JuliaCon.

33 Likes

This will be proprietary I guess?

3 Likes

As mentioned elsewhere, JuliaSim is a cloud computing product, and its curated model library will not be FOSS. However, it is built using a lot of open source tools, and this tooling (ModelingToolkit.jl, Symbolics.jl, etc.) will continue to be open source. This includes a lot of model importers. For example, CellMLToolkit.jl, the work going on with SBML readers, etc. will continue to be available. And then there’s a bunch of domain-specific academic component libraries in power systems, neuroscience models, etc. which are being built as open source.

With these tools we are scouring all of the academic and industry work we can find to generate a model library where everything is already converted to documented Julia packages and a distribution network for handling the thousands of models, along with pre-trained machine learning accelerated versions of the models. That is JuliaSim, and of course that then becomes of a product given the compute and manpower required to maintain such a library, and hopefully that provides a value to the industry users who tend to be most in need of the pre-made models.

That said, this does not preclude other standard libraries popping up, even in SciML, for specific domains and uses and all of that. In fact, we encourage the larger community to keep building open tools around the open tools.

15 Likes

what kind of components are supported in JuliaSim?
In particular, is there support for thermal/fluid components?

DD

A detailed list of modules should come out very soon (like, very very soon :wink: )

2 Likes

Hi Chris. It was great meeting you at JuliaCon last week.

In the presentation of JuliaSim you said that it would be free for academic use - which would be great for my undergraduate students who wouldn’t need to learn how to put models together in code, at least in the beginning.

I tried accessing it from JuliaHub (following Using The JuliaSim Cloud Application · JuliaSim), but it doesn’t seem to offer JuliaSim, only JuliaSimIDE.

Am I doing something wrong or do I just need to be a bit more patient?

Just need to be patient. I was demoing from our internal server, and we want to do a few more high level niceties before putting it onto the JuliaHub free tier.

The local package registry stuff is already setup, see Using JuliaSim Packages Locally via the JuliaHub Registry · JuliaSim , so the JuliaSimCompiler and JuliaSimControl pieces can be dug into ASAP locally. But the GUI will take a bit for the complete release.

If you’re planning to teach a class with it, let’s stay in touch. We can help make sure you’re successful.

1 Like