Julians in Bangkok?

Hi,

If there are any Julians in Bangkok (or interested in moving to Bangkok) that would like to work for an awesome regional fintech / insurtech startup, please reach out to me.Our salaries are not competitive. We pay higher than anyone else in Bangkok would / could :slight_smile:

I know it is a long shot, but so is starting your own company, so worth a try :slight_smile:

Take care,
Eric
https://www.linkedin.com/in/ericforgy/

PS: I showed this to my CFO and he said, “Not competitive???” :joy: Yeah. In case it is confusing, I meant that in many ads you see “Salaries are competitive”, but in this case, there is no competition :blush:

2 Likes

I know some finance guys in Bangkok, do you have a more specific hiring requirements list?

Hi @Yifan_Liu,

If someone in Bangkok has Julia experience, that implies quite a lot about them already and I’d be happy to talk to them. In the startup world, at least good startups, we don’t do JDs. We look for smart people and go from there.

I currently have 23 staff in AIA Capital Center focused on software, marketing and design and 6 senior insurance executives in Singapore and we’re starting to build a management team in Hong Kong as well.

In a nutshell, we are building a new kind of full-stack digital insurance and wealth management company from scratch, kind of the Monzo of insurance :blush:

We could use help with everything from financial modeling to machine learning.

1 Like

Thanks for the information. I have distributed it to my Thai friends. By the way, can you explain what “Julian experience” means. AFAIK, very few companies in Thailand use Julia.

I would define “Julian experience” as anyone who has experience developing Julia packages whether it is for a personal or commercial project.

I am living in Bangsaen thailande, I speak french and english.

My experience is limited but I am sure I can be a good fit.

1 Like