Julia stops unexpectedly (after 10 mins of use)

Hi,

I am using Julia 0.7 on Atom. After few minutes of use, it suddenly stops with this message.

called Tcl_FindHashEntry on deleted table

signal (6): Abort trap: 6
in expression starting at no file:0
__pthread_kill at /usr/lib/system/libsystem_kernel.dylib (unknown line)
Allocations: 284085302 (Pool: 283994715; Big: 90587); GC: 4999

This thing started little after I installed the package GaussianProcesses, but it happens even if I am not using it.

Try to isolate the steps required to reliably reproduce this error, and then you’ll be able to report the problem as an issue on Github. (“few minutes of use” - perhaps this is some plotting, with PyPlot?) I don’t think there are enough clues yet for anyone to help you.

How can I do that? It is true that I am using PyPlot, but I have been using it for a while without this problem. Thanks

Perhaps start with this: Please read: make it easier to help you ?

1 Like

A comment in an old issue mentions the ‘called Tcl_FindHashEntry on deleted table’ crash when using PyPlot. A reproducible example would be great (but might be difficult in the light of this issue).

(hah, you busted my attempt to look like I had psychic powers… :slight_smile:

1 Like

nice try:). I don’t know which type of example to provide. There isn’t a specific graph that triggers the crash, just sometime right after a plot julia crashes.

Your julia (or maybe Atom) process is receiving a SIGABRT (signal 6, abort - check man 7 signals and man 3 abort). It’ll be hard to reproduce or even locate the error without some minimal working example.