Julia package incompatibility

Hi all! Ever since working with GLMakie, GraphMakie etc, I’ve been having a LOT of issues with my packages in Julia, it takes really really long for them to precompile at the start [1] (which is not how it’s been up until now), and I keep getting errors of methods not being found [2]. Yesterday I spent a huge chunk of time creating a completely new environment to see if it was any of the extra packages that were hanging around that were causing the issue, and managed to get everything working okay, but upon activating my package SRS2 today, I’m running into the same errors:

[1]

[ Info: Precompiling GraphMakie [1ecd5474-83a3-4783-bb4f-06765db800d2]
[ Info: Precompiling DynamicalSystems [61744808-ddfa-5f27-97ff-6e42cc95d634]
WARNING: Method definition adapt_structure(Any, OffsetArrays.OffsetArray{T, N, AA} where AA<:AbstractArray{T, N} where N where T) in module OffsetArrays at C:\Users\smahn\.julia\packages\OffsetArrays\0MOrf\src\OffsetArrays.jl:856 overwritten in module OffsetArraysAdaptExt at C:\Users\smahn\.julia\packages\OffsetArrays\rMTtC\ext\OffsetArraysAdaptExt.jl:9.
  ** incremental compilation may be fatally broken for this module **

WARNING: Method definition adapt_structure(Any, OffsetArrays.OffsetArray{T, N, AA} where AA<:AbstractArray{T, N} where N where T) in module OffsetArrays at C:\Users\smahn\.julia\packages\OffsetArrays\0MOrf\src\OffsetArrays.jl:856 overwritten in module OffsetArraysAdaptExt at C:\Users\smahn\.julia\packages\OffsetArrays\rMTtC\ext\OffsetArraysAdaptExt.jl:9.

The way I’m currently working around it is that I’ve downloaded Julia 1.10.0, and working out of that command terminal… has anyone got any suggestions? Thanks!

The way I’m currently working around it is that I’ve downloaded Julia 1.0.0

Please tell me this is a typo and you mean 1.10.0?

3 Likes

Yes oh my goodness!

Please provide the output of the following commands.

using Pkg
pkg"status"
pkg"status -m"

This is very strange. The error message points to line 856, which is

if !isdefined(Base, :get_extension)
  include("../ext/OffsetArraysAdaptExt.jl")
end

On v1.10.0, the check should evaluate to false, and the file should not be included. There should therefore be no conflict.

Hi,

Thank you so much for your insight. Updating to version 1.10.0 has resolved the issues.

On which version did you encounter the issue previously? I thought you were using 1.10.0 already?

2 Likes

I was previously using Julia v1.9.3