I’ve been having a weird issue for a long time now. I’ve tried multiple things, but they only worked temporarily at best.
I’m using the package Interact in Jupyter Notebook to create some interactive plots. But the problem occurs generally with all Interact widgets:
The widget UI is rendered correctly, and the initial output is computed as well. However, the output is not updated when I click on any of the widgets. The widget UI reacts to my click, making me think I can interact with it, but the output just stays still. The kernel does not do anything at all, as far as I can tell from Jupyter’s little indicator in the top right corner.
I have tried the following things. Some of them did nothing, sometimes the problem seemed to be fixed but then reappeared minutes or days later.
- disabled adblockers and tracking blockers in Firefox (temporary success)
- updated Firefox to the latest version (temporary success)
- used Microsoft Edge (without any add-ons) instead of Firefox (no success)
- switched to the latest Julia version 1.5.3 (no success)
- used Pkg.build (temporary success)
- installed Jupyter Notebook via Anaconda instead of via IJulia (temporary success)
Actually, before I started typing this, I opened the notebook and checked if the widgets react: they didn’t. But when I check right now, the widgets seem to have caught up somehow and updated the output multiple times. I’ve never seen this delayed behavior during the past few months that I had the issue, so I’m not sure whether this is always what happens.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.