Installing The Package Named SnFFT

Dear All, Hope you are fine.

I have tried a lot of time to install the following package. But I am unable to install it due to several errors.

There are two methods listed to install the following package. but both of these doesn’t work.

https://snfftjl.readthedocs.io/en/latest/starting.html

Please guide me how can i install this package.

I am installing with following steps:

julia> using Pkg
julia> Pkg.add(“SnFFT”)
ERROR: The following package names could not be resolved:

• SnFFT (not found in project, manifest or registry)

Stacktrace:
[1] pkgerror(msg::String)
@ Pkg.Types C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\Types.jl:55
[2] ensure_resolved(ctx::Pkg.Types.Context, pkgs::Vector{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec}; registry::Bool)
@ Pkg.Types C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\Types.jl:883
[3] add(ctx::Pkg.Types.Context, pkgs::Vector{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec}; preserve::Pkg.Types.PreserveLevel, platform::Base.BinaryPlatforms.Platform, kwargs::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Symbol, Base.TTY, Tuple{Symbol}, NamedTuple{(:io,), Tuple{Base.TTY}}})
@ Pkg.API C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\API.jl:193
[4] add(pkgs::Vector{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec}; io::Base.TTY, kwargs::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{}, Union{}, Tuple{}, NamedTuple{(), Tuple{}}})
@ Pkg.API C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\API.jl:80
[5] add(pkgs::Vector{Pkg.Types.PackageSpec})
@ Pkg.API C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\API.jl:78
[6] #add#23
@ C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\API.jl:76 [inlined]
[7] add
@ C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\API.jl:76 [inlined]
[8] #add#22
@ C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\API.jl:75 [inlined]
[9] add(pkg::String)
@ Pkg.API C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\API.jl:75
[10] top-level scope
@ REPL[26]:1

This is the entire error I get.

Thanks

To install through the first method listed on the link. https://github.com/GDPlumb/SnFFT.jl/blob/master/InitialSetUp.jl

Following procedure is being told:

#Installs SnFFT using Julia’s package manager and then runs the examples

#Open Terminal and change directories to the location of this file
#Start an interactive julia session
#Run:

require(“InitialSetUp.jl”)

Pkg.update()
Pkg.add(“SnFFT”)
using SnFFT
example1()
println(“”)
example2()
println(“”)
example3()
println(“”)
example4()
println(“”)
example5()
println(“”)
example6()
println(“”)
example7()
println(“”)
example8()

@Abdul_Rab_Chachar that package was last updated five years ago…

Maybe you could tell us what type of work you are doing and you will get some advice on alternative Julia packages which can help in your work.

Sir these are examples which I am unable to perform…

This is the link to codes
https://snfftjl.readthedocs.io/en/latest/examples.html

Just to expand on @johnh’s post, since SnFFT.jl has not been updated in the last 5 years, it was written for what is now a very outdated version of julia. It is unlikely to work on julia 0.5 and higher. Julia is now at version 1.6. It would be a significant amount of work to update the SnFFT.jl package to work with the current version of julia.

I don’t know of a julia package for doing Fourier transforms over symmetric groups, which from your last posts seems to be what you are trying to do. However, that is not my field so others may be able to suggest more appropriate packages.