IJulia do not run

I think you have things running OK. Please do not start to use Chocolatey.
I will check if it needs Admin privileges

We had this discussion already:

https://chocolatey.org/docs/installation#non-administrative-install
https://chocolatey.org/docs/installation#non-administrative-install

@heradri I should say - I work for a corporate and have a Windows 10 laptop. We are given Administrative rights to our own laptops if we ask for it.
Would you be able to at least ask for Admin rights to your local machine?
I guess you do not need this as you are now running notebooks.
What do you think abut Pluto.jl ?

I have the following alert:

Press Ctrl+C in this terminal to stop Pluto

┌ Error: (Base.IOError("read: connection reset by peer (ECONNRESET)", -4077), Base.StackTraces.StackFrame[wait_readnb(::Sockets.TCPSocket, ::Int64) at stream.jl:350, eof
at stream.jl:48 [inlined], read_to_buffer(::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::Int64) at ConnectionPool.jl:253, readuntil(::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::Function, ::Int64) at ConnectionPool.jl:273, readuntil at ConnectionPool.jl:271 [inlined], readheaders at Messages.jl:471 [inlined], startread(::HTTP.Streams.Stream{HTTP.Messages.Request,HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}}) at Streams.jl:155, handle_transaction(::HTTP.Handlers.var"#4#5"{HTTP.Handlers.StreamHandlerFunction{Pluto.var"#190#196"{Pluto.ServerSession,HTTP.Handlers.Router{Symbol("##253")}}}}, ::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::HTTP.Servers.Server{Nothing,Sockets.TCPServer}; final_transaction::Bool) at Servers.jl:343, (::HTTP.Servers.var"#handle_transaction##kw")(::NamedTuple{(:final_transaction,),Tuple{Bool}}, ::typeof(HTTP.Servers.handle_transaction), ::Function, ::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::HTTP.Servers.Server{Nothing,Sockets.TCPServer}) at Servers.jl:338, handle_connection(::Function, ::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Connection{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::HTTP.Servers.Server{Nothing,Sockets.TCPServer}, ::Int64, ::Int64) at Servers.jl:299, (::HTTP.Servers.var"#8#9"{HTTP.Handlers.var"#4#5"{HTTP.Handlers.StreamHandlerFunction{Pluto.var"#190#196"{Pluto.ServerSession,HTTP.Handlers.Router{Symbol("##253")}}}},HTTP.Servers.Server{Nothing,Sockets.TCPServer},Base.RefValue{Int64},Int64,Int64,Bool,HTTP.ConnectionPool.Connection{Sockets.TCPSocket}})() at task.jl:356])
└ @ HTTP.Servers C:\Users\hermesr\Documents\Julia software\JULIA S_ALON\julia-1.5.0-win64\julia-1.5.0\.julia_depot\packages\HTTP\atT5q\src\Servers.jl:264
┌ Error: (Base.IOError("read: connection reset by peer (ECONNRESET)", -4077), Base.StackTraces.StackFrame[wait_readnb(::Sockets.TCPSocket, ::Int64) at stream.jl:350, eof
at stream.jl:48 [inlined], read_to_buffer(::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::Int64) at ConnectionPool.jl:253, readuntil(::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::Function, ::Int64) at ConnectionPool.jl:273, readuntil at ConnectionPool.jl:271 [inlined], readheaders at Messages.jl:471 [inlined], startread(::HTTP.Streams.Stream{HTTP.Messages.Request,HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}}) at Streams.jl:155, handle_transaction(::HTTP.Handlers.var"#4#5"{HTTP.Handlers.StreamHandlerFunction{Pluto.var"#190#196"{Pluto.ServerSession,HTTP.Handlers.Router{Symbol("##253")}}}}, ::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::HTTP.Servers.Server{Nothing,Sockets.TCPServer}; final_transaction::Bool) at Servers.jl:343, (::HTTP.Servers.var"#handle_transaction##kw")(::NamedTuple{(:final_transaction,),Tuple{Bool}}, ::typeof(HTTP.Servers.handle_transaction), ::Function, ::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Transaction{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::HTTP.Servers.Server{Nothing,Sockets.TCPServer}) at Servers.jl:338, handle_connection(::Function, ::HTTP.ConnectionPool.Connection{Sockets.TCPSocket}, ::HTTP.Servers.Server{Nothing,Sockets.TCPServer}, ::Int64, ::Int64) at Servers.jl:299, (::HTTP.Servers.var"#8#9"{HTTP.Handlers.var"#4#5"{HTTP.Handlers.StreamHandlerFunction{Pluto.var"#190#196"{Pluto.ServerSession,HTTP.Handlers.Router{Symbol("##253")}}}},HTTP.Servers.Server{Nothing,Sockets.TCPServer},Base.RefValue{Int64},Int64,Int64,Bool,HTTP.ConnectionPool.Connection{Sockets.TCPSocket}})() at task.jl:356])
└ @ HTTP.Servers C:\Users\hermesr\Documents\Julia software\JULIA S_ALON\julia-1.5.0-win64\julia-1.5.0\.julia_depot\packages\HTTP\atT5q\src\Servers.jl:264
└ @ HTTP.Servers C:\Users\

I managed to install Julia through chocolate. The latter was installed according to non-administrative-install
this is the alert i get:

Progress: 100% - Completed download of C:\Users\hermesr\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\Miniconda\4.3.21\Miniconda2-4.3.21-Windows-x86_64.exe (1.92 KB).
Download of Miniconda2-4.3.21-Windows-x86_64.exe (1.92 KB) completed.
Error - hashes do not match. Actual value was '251E23BF1014DB5C48A440C924C57DF6'.
ERROR: Checksum for 'C:\Users\hermesr\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\Miniconda\4.3.21\Miniconda2-4.3.21-Windows-x86_64.exe' did not meet '9c98e98931b952848c7372a63e04cdc7' for checksum type 'md5'. Consider passing the actual checksums through with --checksum --checksum64 once you validate the checksums are appropriate. A less secure option is to pass --ignore-checksums if necessary.
The install of miniconda was NOT successful.
Error while running 'C:\Users\hermesr\ProgramData\chocoportable\lib\Miniconda\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'.
 See log for details.

Chocolatey installed 0/1 packages. 1 packages failed.
 See the log for details (C:\Users\hermesr\ProgramData\chocoportable\logs\chocolatey.log).

Failures
 - miniconda (exited -1) - Error while running 'C:\Users\hermesr\ProgramData\chocoportable\lib\Miniconda\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'.
 See log for details.

Have a look here Gary Ewan Park - Chocolatey Package Error - Checksums do not match

I installed miniconda a few days ago using Chocolatey.
That article suggests that the version has been updated, but the checksum remains at the old version.
I will now remove then reinstall miniconda to see if I get the same behaviour.

Please note this - the Miniconda installer is 51.41 Mbytes

Progress: 100% - Completed download of C:\Users\john_hearns\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\Miniconda\4.3.21\Miniconda2-4.3.21-Windows-x86_64.exe (51.41 MB).

Are you behind a corporate proxy?
Could you use a web browser please to download https://repo.continuum.io/miniconda/Miniconda2-4.3.21-Windows-x86_64.exe
then look at the file size. Checksum it if you can.

Yes I am behind a corporate proxy !!
how to tell chocolate to download from URL, or install it outside of chocolate?
Julia runs perfectly !!!

choco config set

Maybe we should forget about choco - I really do not want you to get frustrated and angry
The value for the proxy settings are

-proxy=VALUE
Proxy Location - Explicit proxy location. Overrides the default proxy
location of ‘’. Available for config settings in 0.9.9.9+, this CLI
option available in 0.10.4+.

--proxy-user=VALUE
 Proxy User Name - Explicit proxy user (optional). Requires explicity
   proxy (`--proxy` or config setting). Overrides the default proxy user of
   '123'. Available for config settings in 0.9.9.9+, this CLI option
   available in 0.10.4+.

--proxy-password=VALUE
 Proxy Password - Explicit proxy password (optional) to be used with
   username. Requires explicity proxy (`--proxy` or config setting) and
   user name.  Overrides the default proxy password (encrypted in settings
   if set). Available for config settings in 0.9.9.9+, this CLI option
   available in 0.10.4+.

Please explain a little more to me. How to use the information that you sent above?
I install outside of Julia?
I downloaded miniconda through the cell phone, and transferred it to the PC!

You may need to tell Chocolately how to use your proxy.

choco config set --proxy=111.222.333.444 (where the number is the address or name of you rproxy)

choco config set --proxy-user=YOURNAME
choco config set --proxy-password=YOURPASSWORD

Of these packages, which one would be the most appropriate for the person behind a corporate proxy?
“IP address” Packages

I have this alert"

Chocolatey v0.10.15
When specifying the subcommand 'set', you must also specify --name by option or position.
Progress: 100% - Completed download of C:\Users\hermesr\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\Miniconda\4.3.21\Miniconda2-4.3.21-Windows-x86_64.exe (1.92 KB).
Download of Miniconda2-4.3.21-Windows-x86_64.exe (1.92 KB) completed.
Error - hashes do not match. Actual value was 'C7BFEAD4DAD5402BF05EC6C83A581FB7'.
ERROR: Checksum for 'C:\Users\hermesr\AppData\Local\Temp\chocolatey\Miniconda\4.3.21\Miniconda2-4.3.21-Windows-x86_64.exe' did not meet '9c98e98931b952848c7372a63e04cdc7' for checksum type 'md5'. Consider passing the actual checksums through with --checksum --checksum64 once you validate the checksums are appropriate. A less secure option is to pass --ignore-checksums if necessary.
The install of miniconda was NOT successful.
Error while running 'C:\Users\hermesr\ProgramData\chocoportable\lib\Miniconda\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'.
 See log for details.

Chocolatey installed 0/1 packages. 1 packages failed.
 See the log for details (C:\Users\hermesr\ProgramData\chocoportable\logs\chocolatey.log).

Failures
 - miniconda (exited -1) - Error while running 'C:\Users\hermesr\ProgramData\chocoportable\lib\Miniconda\tools\chocolateyInstall.ps1'.
 See log for details.

@HerAdri Please tell us more about your laptop. Is your laptop connected to a wifi netwok at your home ?
Are you using a corporate VPN?

I use System Proxy Settings,it’s a bureau PC, it’s at work; everything is fine at home, Julia runs perfectly

I have been able to install Julia and notepad++[choco install notepadplusplus.commandline -y] through choco, but with choco install miniconda
I’m presenting the problem I’ve already shown

I checked the Chocolaty log and found the temporary file where miniconda2.exe goes down, it was incomplete. I downloaded the miniconda through the phone from the link and put it in the temporary chocolate file. And apparently I install miniconda correctly.

choco install miniconda
Chocolatey v0.10.15
Installing the following packages:
miniconda
By installing you accept licenses for the packages.
Progress: Downloading Miniconda 4.3.21... 100%

Miniconda v4.3.21 [Approved]
miniconda package files install completed. Performing other installation steps.
The package Miniconda wants to run 'chocolateyInstall.ps1'.
Note: If you don't run this script, the installation will fail.
Note: To confirm automatically next time, use '-y' or consider:
choco feature enable -n allowGlobalConfirmation
Do you want to run the script?([Y]es/[A]ll - yes to all/[N]o/[P]rint): Y

Using system proxy server 'fproxy2.xxx.xxx.xx.xx:8080'.
File appears to be downloaded already. Verifying with package checksum to determine if it needs to be redownloaded.
Hashes match.
Hashes match.
Installing miniconda...
miniconda has been installed.
 The install of miniconda was successful.
  Software installed as 'EXE', install location is likely default.

Chocolatey installed 1/1 packages.

however noteboo ():

using IJulia

Julia> notebook()
install Jupyter via Conda, y/n? [y]: y
[ Info: Downloading miniconda installer ...
[ Info: Installing miniconda ...
ERROR: IOError: could not spawn `'C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\conda\3\installer.exe' /S /AddToPath=0 /RegisterPython=0 '/D=C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\conda\3'`: unknown error (UNKNOWN)
Stacktrace:
 [1] _spawn_primitive(::String, ::Cmd, ::Array{Any,1}) at .\process.jl:99
 [2] #585 at .\process.jl:112 [inlined]
 [3] setup_stdios(::Base.var"#585#586"{Cmd}, ::Array{Any,1}) at .\process.jl:196
 [4] _spawn at .\process.jl:111 [inlined]
 [5] run(::Cmd; wait::Bool) at .\process.jl:439
 [6] run at .\process.jl:438 [inlined]
 [7] _install_conda(::String, ::Bool) at C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\packages\Conda\3rPhK\src\Conda.jl:172
 [8] _install_conda(::String) at C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\packages\Conda\3rPhK\src\Conda.jl:155
 [9] runconda(::Cmd, ::String) at C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\packages\Conda\3rPhK\src\Conda.jl:112
 [10] add(::String, ::String; channel::String) at C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\packages\Conda\3rPhK\src\Conda.jl:188
 [11] add at C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\packages\Conda\3rPhK\src\Conda.jl:187 [inlined] (repeats 2 times)
 [12] find_jupyter_subcommand(::String) at C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\packages\IJulia\tOM8L\src\jupyter.jl:23
 [13] notebook(; dir::String, detached::Bool) at C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\packages\IJulia\tOM8L\src\jupyter.jl:96
 [14] notebook() at C:\Users\hermesr\.julia\packages\IJulia\tOM8L\src\jupyter.jl:95
 [15] top-level scope at REPL[4]:1

As far as I know… I f you already have miniconda installed Julia should not try to run that installer again.

I installed Julia using Chocolatey, then installed miniconda using Chocolatey.
Ir may be that I had another miniconda installed from a long time ago, in which case I apologise.

I suggested that you use Chocolatey to make things easier. It looks like I have made things more difficult for you, sorry.