I find myself using Julia’s online manual a lot, and thought I’d share this simple trick on how to do that more efficiently if you’re using Chrome as a browser:
chrome://settings/in Chrome’s URL bar.
- Scroll down to Manage search engines. Click it.
- Click Add next to Other search engines.
- Enter the following and then click Add:
– Search engine: Julia Manual
– Keyword: jl
– URL: https://docs.julialang.org/en/latest/search/?q=%s
- Now, in Chrome’s URL bar, type
jlfollowed by space to enable searching in the manual.
This way, you can save three, maybe four seconds over if you use a bookmark. Over time, that’s a lot of seconds.