How to make a wind rose in Julia

Hey,

sorry for all the radio silence, I seem to have a cold or minor Covid-19. I did a fresh install on my home machine, which is running Fedora 31. It compiles without error, but I get this error when I try to do a basic plot from the docs:

ERROR: error compiling common_plot_xyz: error compiling gmt: could not load library "/usr/lib64/libgmt.so"
/usr/lib64/libgmt.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
Stacktrace:
 [1] #scatter#171 at /home/scone/.julia/packages/GMT/5hUOG/src/plot.jl:303 [inlined]
 [2] (::getfield(GMT, Symbol("#kw##scatter")))(::NamedTuple{(:limits, :xaxis, :yaxis, :proj, :zcolor, :size, :alpha, :title, :fmt, :show),Tuple{NTuple{4,Int64},NamedTuple{(:annot, :grid),Tuple{Int64,Int64}},NamedTuple{(:annot, :grid),Tuple{Int64,Int64}},Symbol,Array{Float64,1},Array{Float64,1},Int64,String,Symbol,Bool}}, ::typeof(scatter), ::Array{Float64,1}, ::Array{Float64,1}) at ./none:0
 [3] top-level scope at none:0

I also tried tamasgal’s suggestion and got the same error, so it looks like I was on the wrong track…

Very hard unixes. I start to think that you are having an issue of the same type as this but that is on a Mac with dmg install and MacOS manages to get into dependencies conflicts. I wonder if you are not also having a dependency conflict.

Yeah, I am at a loss. Let me know if there is anything else you would like me to test out. In the mean time I have a pile of other things to get through, so I am just going to put the wind roses off for a while…