How to deploy the documentation?

I generated a documentation for my latest package, but I cannot deploy the documentation, even though I followed all steps as described at Hosting Documentation · Documenter.jl

I get the following error:

ERROR: LoadError: failed process: Process(setenv(`/usr/bin/git push -q upstream HEAD:gh-pages`,["PATH=/opt/hostedtoolcache/julia/1.9.4/x64/bin:/home/runner/.local/bin:/opt/pipx_bin:/home/runner/.cargo/bin:/home/runner/.config/composer/vendor/bin:/usr/local/.ghcup/bin:/home/runner/.dotnet/tools:/snap/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:/usr/local/games:/snap/bin", "DOTNET_SKIP_FIRST_TIME_EXPERIENCE=1", "GITHUB_RUN_NUMBER=50", "GITHUB_REF_NAME=main", "RUNNER_ARCH=X64", "PERFLOG_LOCATION_SETTING=RUNNER_PERFLOG", "STATS_TIS=mining", "GOROOT_1_20_X64=/opt/hostedtoolcache/go/1.20.11/x64", "ACCEPT_EULA=Y", "GOROOT_1_21_X64=/opt/hostedtoolcache/go/1.21.4/x64"  …  "JAVA_HOME_11_X64=/usr/lib/jvm/temurin-11-jdk-amd64", "GITHUB_TRIGGERING_ACTOR=ufechner7", "RUNNER_TEMP=/home/runner/work/_temp", "GITHUB_REPOSITORY_OWNER=ufechner7", "GOROOT_1_19_X64=/opt/hostedtoolcache/go/1.19.13/x64", "GITHUB_EVENT_NAME=push", "DOTNET_NOLOGO=1", "OPENBLAS_MAIN_FREE=1", "ANDROID_NDK_HOME=/usr/local/lib/android/sdk/ndk/25.2.9519653", "AGENT_TOOLSDIRECTORY=/opt/hostedtoolcache"]), ProcessExited(128)) [128]

What am I doing wrong?

The error is

remote: Permission to ufechner7/PkgHelpers.jl.git denied to github-actions[bot].
fatal: unable to access 'https://github.com/ufechner7/PkgHelpers.jl.git/':
The requested URL returned error: 403
Error: Failed to push:

and 403 means “access forbidden” (it also mentions “Permisson”). The CI does not have the permission to push, which means that either your DOCUMENTER_KEY environment variable is not set correctly or is simply missing. You need to make sure that the SSH key communication works correctly.

See this section: Hosting Documentation · Documenter.jl

1 Like

Working now. put the key on github, but at the wrong location.

Readme · PkgHelpers.jl :slight_smile:

1 Like