How Is Building Julia for 32-bit ARM Architecture Done?

Hi folks,

This is a very naive question I have about Julia and 32-bit ARM builds! I use the last known (that I know of) 32-bit build of Julia 1.6.7 on a personal Raspberry Pi 4 server I have set-up. My question is what makes building or creating releases of Julia for 32-bit ARM architecture difficult?

I am not familiar with the problem and was curious what blocks porting the architecture over – seeing the release of Julia 1.9 got me quite excited to see if I can find a way to port it to 32-bit ARM architecture. But I am almost certain it is out of my capabilities but thought I would ask.

Thanks folks!

~ tcp :deciduous_tree:

1 Like

Raspberry pi 4 is 64-bit.

There is a 64-bit version of raspberry os and other distributions for the rpi 4.

Seems like upgrading to a 64-bit os is the better way to go than trying to run 32-bit binaries.

1 Like

Oh interesting – I’ll have to double check my Raspberry Pi version and Julia versions as I am positive only the 32-bit (ARMv7-a hard float) Julia 1.6.7 version worked on my Pi as of now…

And don’t forget to enable zram: Using zram with the Raspberry Pi - Pi My Life Up

The default install even for the 64-bit rpi was a 32bit os. For quite a while so it wouldn’t be surprising if you had a 32-bit os.

1 Like