How can I copy a Julia 1.0 installation from my computer to a computer without Internet ?

How can I copy a Julia 1.0 installation from my computer to a computer without Internet ?
Can I select arbitrary directories for Julia and packages (instead of C:\users<username>.julia) on the target computer?
Can you provide detailed instructions ?

Can you copy the installer file instead?

I think the OP wants to transfer the installation with all the packages installed so far.
I’m not sure if copying ~/.julia will work, but that is where all the stuff resides.

I think you’re right. Then I think copying over the entire ~/.julia would do it (although for OP it should be in windows directory format).

I don’t know if this question is about the julia binaries and share or just the depot path, but here are steps that should definitley work if you did a standard installation with binaries:

1. Copy everything in the directory containing bin/julia. For example, if which julia returns /opt/julia/bin/julia then you’ll want to copy everything in /opt/julia. Explictly, the directory you want to copy is given by $(dirname $(which julia))/..
  2. Copy everything in $HOME/.julia except for .julia/compiled (you might be able to still used what’s in compiled but I recommend recompiling on your new machine).

If you used a default installation this should definitely work.

1 Like

This is why I’m hoping for a Portable Flavor (PortableApps Style maybe?) of Julia Pro once it is updated to 1.x.

1 Like

Yes, I meant to have the portable Julia installation which I can copy to any place in a production Windows computer. From some reason I cannot use C:\Users<user>.julia directory in the production computer.

A portable version would be awesome indeed :raised_hands:

It really helps, thanks!