HN sidetrack

This article got posted to Hacker News too, if you want to check out the discussion there.

3 Likes

@jebej it’s best not to link to Hacker News directly, they might think we’re brigading/artificially pushing the topic and remove the post.

Nevertheless, it’s a well-written article.

2 Likes

Yeah, it looks like it just got penalized. Good rule of thumb: if you don’t normally participate in Hacker News voting, don’t vote. :slight_smile:

1 Like

How about commenting on Hacker News for the first time? (Without voting.) Is that ok? :smile:

It’s all one huge black box, but my understanding is that commenting is good unless there are too many comments, and then it’s bad.

1 Like

Interesting, I suppose next time I’ll just mention it instead of linking!

Oof, that’s really too bad it got knocked off the front page by this. I wonder if someone can contact the moderators and explain that it was an honest mistake.

You can still delete the link though :slight_smile:

The comment about not linking is generally true, but no worries in this case. That is not what got it kicked off the front page. I’ve contacted the mods and the article is now restored to its rightful place.

5 Likes

I’ve split this thread from the original post since the matter is resolved and people may want to discuss the actual article in the original thread.

7 Likes