Help with launching Pluto

I have Julia 1.9.4 and 1.10.0 rc 2 installed on a Macbook Pro. I use Pluto extensively. Suddenly today I can’t launch it. I get the screenshot below, and this is true in both the default browser (Chrome) and alternate browsers (using the url from Pluto.run(launch_browser = false) AND it remains true after un- and re-installing Julia after deleting my .julia folder.

Any suggestions? Afaiu, deleting .julia folder and removing app and re-installing should be like a fresh install. Is there another location that could be corrupted?

so I just upgraded my Linux box from Pluto 19.32 to Pluto 19.34 and the identical problem occurs. So it’s either a bug with v19.34 (unlikely) or a conflict with another one of my loaded packages (i don’t practice good software hygiene in that i have many packages added to my default environment). Downgrading from 19.34 to 19.33 resolves my problem.

Any thoughts as to how i can diagnose what must be a conflict with Pluto 19.34?

It looks like this is a reported issue. Hopefully, a bug fix will be released soon.

The best course of action is to downgrade to a working version until a patch is released.

Thanks, I should have checked issues on github first. I’ll mark your reply as the solution and watch the repo for updates on the issue.

1 Like