Goodbye (and thank you) for now!

Hey folks! As many might have seen, over the last 6 months I have become progressively less active in the Julia ecosystem given how crazy things have been at OpenAI. A couple of months ago, I let Avik know that I would be officially stepping down from my Community Manager / Developer Advocate role in the Julia community.

I started using Julia back in 2018 while working at NASA, went on to get more and more involved, and truly love this ecosystem so many have contributed to building. I would not be where I am today if Viral and Avik did not take a chance on me back in late 2019 and give me the chance to support the ecosystem. I owe both of them a huge amount of gratitude, so thank you!

There are so many more things I wanted to do which will have to wait for the future when I have free time again. The good news is that I will be back. This project has a special place in my heart and I will always be supporting from behind the scenes. If folks have questions or need access to anything that I had been involved with, please ping me via email. I have a few things inflight that I plan to try and wrap up while on vacation over the next 2 weeks (articles, book, some PR’s, etc). I hope to hand off the torch where possible and continue to see the growth and excitement around Julia for the years to come.

Thank you all and see you around :heart:

155 Likes

I definitely thank you for inviting me to help out with JuliaCon and everything else you’ve done!

2 Likes