I recently discovered that autocomplete (and more generally IntelliSense) works for some people, and that makes me very frustrated For me it only works with Base and Core, not even standard library stuff like LinearAlgebra. EDIT: see this reply for the real question.
I’m on macOS Ventura with the latest version of Julia and VSCode. I did wait until IntelliSense finished loading.
Also - I tried both methods for test (extras + targets and dedicated test project inside the test directory). IntelliSense doesn’t work for any of my test-specific dependencies - or for the package I am writing the tests for.
It’s pretty cumbersome to write tests for functions with multiple parameters (I always need to lookup repeatedly my source code).
P.S. I am somehow surprised that there are not many/more questions/complaints related to this issue. Or maybe not many devs are having the problem, and there are good ways to fix this.
this should work if you are editing source files of MyPackage (i.e. code that are within module MyPackage ... end). For editing test/* files, or any other file in the repo not included in the module, this is LanguageServer.jl#988.
I think would be much easier to solve once we have sub projects.
The issue I think you’re running into is that intellisense is broken (well, intentionally disabled because it’s broken) for the /tests directory in particular.
You can probably work around that by having a complete Manifest inside of /tests that devs the package and explicitly contains test-only dependencies (but you might also need to then rename the dir). If you don’t have any test-only deps, then including the packages entrypoint should work fine, as pointed out earlier.