Excellent cheat-sheet

[Edit: got correct quote this time]

Happy to change, but I’ll confess I’m a little confused, as this is what’s in the Julia official docs:

1 Like

@kristoffer.carlsson and @Elrod : OK, think I addressed most of these in this PR. Few followups:

That’s not true in interactive programming, unfortunately, which I know some of us still use.

I think it means that import will load all functions defined in a module, while using only imports the exported functions. Tried to clarify.

No - see the section in the manual about the differences between import and using:
https://docs.julialang.org/en/latest/manual/faq/#What-is-the-difference-between-“using”-and-“import”?-1

Maybe you were thinking of importall, which I believe has been deprecated.

ah, ok thanks! Will revert.

The cheat sheet has been moved to the JuliaDocs org now, so the URL changed to The Fast Track to Julia

It would probably be nice to update the link in the OP as well, in case someone stumbles onto this thread in the future.

2 Likes

done!

1 Like

I think this cheat-sheet very useful and concise.
https://cheatsheets.quantecon.org/julia-cheatsheet.html

1 Like

But many things in it are no longer valid in 1.0

ComplexN should be Complex{T}

is there a PDF available somewhere?

I started an issue discussion of needed updates here

Can we have a collection of cheat sheets of Julia and the popular libraries like this one:

2 Likes

you are right but this the case for many non-offical docs. joa-quim

The Fast Track to Julia is updated for Julia 1.0 now!

3 Likes

Do you have a offline pdf version of the cheat sheet?

Printing from browser gave me a decent, compact pdf which may be what you’re looking for.

1 Like

It would be nice if the PDF could be specifically created to fit on a single 2-sided paper.

PRs welcome! :slight_smile:

The cheatsheet is fully flexible in terms of format (it’s in markdown / html), so if you can’t fit everything on one sheet, you could just subset the blocks you think are most useful, build it, and print to PDF in any web browser!