Error when starting JuliaPro v1.4.1

Just installed JuliaPro v1.4.1 and seeing the following error when starting Julia…

Starting Julia...
[ Info: Precompiling Atom [c52e3926-4ff0-5f6e-af25-54175e0327b1]
ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: ArgumentError: Package Atom does not have Traceur in its dependencies:
- If you have Atom checked out for development and have
  added Traceur as a dependency but haven't updated your primary
  environment's manifest file, try `Pkg.resolve()`.
- Otherwise you may need to report an issue with Atom
Stacktrace:
 [1] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:905
 [2] include(::Module, ::String) at .\Base.jl:377
 [3] include(::String) at C:\Users\...\.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.4.1-1\packages\Atom\wlPiw\src\Atom.jl:4
 [4] top-level scope at C:\Users\...\.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.4.1-1\packages\Atom\wlPiw\src\Atom.jl:67
 [5] include(::Module, ::String) at .\Base.jl:377
 [6] top-level scope at none:2
 [7] eval at .\boot.jl:331 [inlined]
 [8] eval(::Expr) at .\client.jl:449
 [9] top-level scope at .\none:3
in expression starting at C:\Users\...\.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.4.1-1\packages\Atom\wlPiw\src\profiler\traceur.jl:1
in expression starting at C:\Users\...\.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.4.1-1\packages\Atom\wlPiw\src\Atom.jl:67
ERROR: LoadError: Failed to precompile Atom [c52e3926-4ff0-5f6e-af25-54175e0327b1] to C:\Users\...\.juliapro\JuliaPro_v1.4.1-1\compiled\v1.4\Atom\w9XOh_5ybJQ.ji.
Stacktrace:
 [1] error(::String) at .\error.jl:33
 [2] compilecache(::Base.PkgId, ::String) at .\loading.jl:1272
 [3] _require(::Base.PkgId) at .\loading.jl:1029
 [4] require(::Base.PkgId) at .\loading.jl:927
 [5] require(::Module, ::Symbol) at .\loading.jl:922
 [6] top-level scope at C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\JuliaPro-1.4.1-1\.atom\packages\julia-client\script\boot_repl.jl:56
 [7] include(::Module, ::String) at .\Base.jl:377
 [8] exec_options(::Base.JLOptions) at .\client.jl:288
 [9] _start() at .\client.jl:484
in expression starting at C:\Users\...\AppData\Local\JuliaPro-1.4.1-1\.atom\packages\julia-client\script\boot_repl.jl:1

Jus had similar problem with Juno in Atom.
I solved that by updating package Atom.

I opened a Julia REPL,
went to package prompt by typing ],
type update and hit Enter,
wait until all packages get updated,
hit backspace to return to normal Julia prompt
go back to Atom editor,
Ctr+j Ctr+k to stop Julia
Ctr+j Ctr+s to start Julia
and that’s it

hope it works for you as well

1 Like

I have the same issue. Tried ] update but it did not work.

[ Info: Precompiling Atom [c52e3926-4ff0-5f6e-af25-54175e0327b1]
┌ Warning: Package Atom does not have Traceur in its dependencies:
│ - If you have Atom checked out for development and have
│   added Traceur as a dependency but haven't updated your primary
│   environment's manifest file, try `Pkg.resolve()`.
│ - Otherwise you may need to report an issue with Atom
└ Loading Traceur into Atom from project dependency, future warnings for Atom are suppressed.

Exactly the same issue just started to happen for me. Also tried the suggested fix with ] update but no luck.

Can confirm that a clean reinstall did not fix the problem. I got warnings when precompiling the “Plots” package that traceur was missing.

If you updated the package in Atom then this is probably the reason. As I have just updated julia-client (I am not sure about the package name) and started getting the same error after that.

It was working fine before the update.

Switched from JuliaPro to Atom with vanilla Julia and not seeing this problem.

I removed Atom in the REPL via rm Atom, and then I reinstalled it with Pkg.add(“Atom”) and Pkg.build(“Atom”).

Restart Julia by doing Ctr+j + Ctr+k (to stop Julia) and Ctr+j + Ctr+s (to start Julia), the issue has been resolved.

I hope it works for you as well.

1 Like

This did the job. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

That solve the issue for me. Thanks a lot

We have now identified the issue. With the latest of Atom.jl, Registrator introduced wrong bounds in the Compat.toml file in the registry. The problem is isolated to the version of Registrator running on JuliaHub so relatively few packages should be affected. We have now fixed the issue in the JuliaPro registry so you should be able to resolve the issue locally by updating your packages.

We are currently working of fixing the General registry for all affected packages.

2 Likes