Error when installing *some* packages

Hi all, I run into the problem below when I try to install some, but not all, packages on my work PC (i.e. I don’t have admin rights). For example, I get this when trying to install DataVoyager, VegaLite (which is related to the error in DataVoyager) and IJulia. Below is the error for the fomer. I have managed to install several other packages, such as Plots, Statistics, Distributed, Distributions, without problems.

(@v1.6) pkg> add DataVoyager
    Updating registry at `C:\Users\gattfw\.julia\registries\General`
    Updating git-repo `https://github.com/JuliaRegistries/General.git`
   Resolving package versions...
  Downloaded artifact: vegalite_app
  Downloaded artifact: vegalite_app
ERROR: Unable to automatically install 'vegalite_app' from 'C:\Users\gattfw\.julia\packages\VegaLite\F2JoW\Artifacts.toml'
Stacktrace:
  [1] error(s::String)
    @ Base .\error.jl:33
  [2] ensure_artifact_installed(name::String, meta::Dict{String, Any}, artifacts_toml::String; platform::Base.BinaryPlatforms.Platform, verbose::Bool, quiet_download::Bool, io::Base.TTY)
    @ Pkg.Artifacts C:\buildbot\worker\package_win64\build\usr\share\julia\stdlib\v1.6\Pkg\src\Artifacts.jl:443

I am using Julia v1.6.1 on Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!
W

Probably you have firewall or similar that blocks HTTP requests to github.com. This is the artifact url that fails.

Wouldn’t updating the registry also fail then?

Thanks for your reply. Why is it the case only with a few packages? Isn’t Distributions.jl for example also downloaded from Github?

No, from pkg.julialang.org by default, with github.com as a fallback. In your case both of those fail probably. For packages there is an additional fallback using git, which apparently is allowed. But for binary artifacts, which some packages use, there is no such fallback.

Thanks, that clarifies things!