Error precompiling VSCodeServer in Julia 1.11-DEV (nightly)

One of my packages is throwing an error in CI on the Julia nightly build (1.11-DEV), so I wanted to test it out locally, in VS Code. However, after installing the nightly build and the necessary packages, when I try to run a file in the REPL I get an error precompiling VSCodeServer. I switched to the pre-release version of the Julia extension, but get the same error. I’ve reported this as an issue in GitHub. However, I wondered if anyone here has seen the same problem and knows how to fix it.

1 Like

I would not expect vscode language server to work with Julia nightly… I would expect it to work with beta and stable versions…

I would hope that it is kept error free on nightly as much as possible, since this is a tool that people use to develop in. Including, I imagine, some of the developers of the Julia nightly build. But certainly package managers testing against alpha releases (myself being one). It makes development tricky if the IDE only works with stable and beta versions.

Well, for developing new code I enjoy working with VSCode. I always use the latest stable version of Julia to do that. Just to check if my package works with new, unreleased versions of Julia I am happy to use the REPL only… The REPL is already quite powerful…