Error in Pre-Compiling

Hi! I am facing problem importing DynamicalSystems.jl library in jupyter environment by using DynamicalSystems . I recently installed version 1.2.2. of the library.
The following error message appears.

However no such problem occurs if I import DynamicalSystems.jl in REPL. What should I do?

What does your package status look like?

using Pkg
Pkg.status()

maybe an update helps Pkg.update().

Hi! it looks as so.

Status `C:\Users\RAJARSI\.julia\environments\v1.5\Project.toml`
  [61744808] DynamicalSystems v2.1.1 ```

Hmm, that cannot be your full status, as you also have Plots installed.

Anyway, I recommend to use one environment per job you do; i.e. don’t install packages into the global environment. So, start the REPL in the folder where your files are, enter package mode ] and do activate .. (Or using Pkg; Pkg.activate(".") ) Install the packages that you need for this particular job, here Pkg.install.(["DynamicalSystems", "Plots"]).

That will create a Project.toml and Manifest.toml file in the current folder which makes that a julia environment. If you start Juyter with that as base-folder then it will pick up that project automatically. Alternatively, if you do not start Jupyter in the right place, put into your script/notebook
using Pkg; Pkg.activate(@__FILE__) (I think that works)

So, I would recommend this. Maybe it will even fix your problem, if not report back.

1 Like

Sorry, I misinterpret your instruction to check the status of DynamicalSystems.jl only. This one is the one you originally asked for.

julia> Pkg.status()
Status `C:\Users\RAJARSI\.julia\environments\v1.5\Project.toml`
  [6e4b80f9] BenchmarkTools v1.2.0
  [336ed68f] CSV v0.9.3
  [0c46a032] DifferentialEquations v6.18.0
  [31c24e10] Distributions v0.25.14
  [61744808] DynamicalSystems v2.1.1
  [6e36e845] DynamicalSystemsBase v2.2.1
  [7073ff75] IJulia v1.23.2
  [1dea7af3] OrdinaryDiffEq v5.61.1
  [f0f68f2c] PlotlyJS v0.18.7
  [91a5bcdd] Plots v1.22.1
  [c3e4b0f8] Pluto v0.16.0
  [6aa20fa7] TensorOperations v3.2.3
  [48a634ad] Tensors v1.6.1
  [9a3f8284] Random ```
 I don't know why but re-starting the kernel, though shows the same message the functionalities included in the DynamicalSystems.jl package seems to work!
However, I will try out the things you have suggested! Thanks.

Ok, if it works and your question is answered, then you can mark it as “solved”. Maybe you want to have a read through: 1. Introduction · Pkg.jl

Also, note

• part of your answer is in the quoted code.
  • I edited above answer to get the terminology right project->environment
1 Like