Erroneous Unused Binding Errors

The linter is reporting Variable has been assigned but not used.Julia(UnusedBinding) for nearly every variable inside a function. Here’s an example: normal is very clearly used on the following line.

I assume this is a bug, but I can’t find reports of it anywhere else. I’m relatively new to Julia, so I’m honestly not sure if I’m doing something wrong style-wise and the linter is calling me out on it.

I see that false positive quite often. Usually, just saving the file resolves it. You could set julia.lint.useoffuncargs to false — that’s what I did.

Another annoyance can be It reports every plot(...) call I write and things like TimeSeries.merge(...). I turned that feature off too.

Unfortunately neither of those fixed it. I even restarted VSCode after changing the setting.

I suppose I’ll open an issue up on the project since you’ve confirmed it is a false positive.

Issue for reference: Erroneous Unused Binding Errors · Issue #3171 · julia-vscode/julia-vscode · GitHub

1 Like