Documenter.jl only updating dev section in my package

Hi everyone,

I have been developping a package for some time now, and I struggle to setup up the documentation correctly with Documenter.jl. Everything seems to be configured correctly, but only the dev part of the documentation is updated each time I make a push and no specific documentation for each version is made. I am a bit confused on what could be the cause for that. The package is here GitHub - Iddingsite/DiffusionGarnet.jl: Model coupled diffusion of major elements in garnet using natural data. and the documentation page is Home · DiffusionGarnet.jl. As you may see, the only stable version available is v0.0.1, whereas the current version of the package is v0.1.8.

The documentation.yml file seems fine to me:

name: Documentation

on:
  push:
    branches: 
      - main # update to match your development branch (master, main, dev, trunk, ...)
    tags: '*'
  pull_request:
jobs:
  build:
    name: Documentation
    runs-on: ubuntu-latest
    permissions:
      contents: write
      statuses: write
    steps:
      - uses: actions/checkout@v4
      - uses: julia-actions/setup-julia@latest
        with:
          version: '1'
      #- name: Install dependencies
      #  run: |
      #    julia --project=docs/ -e '
      #      using Pkg
      #      Pkg.develop(PackageSpec(path=pwd()))
      #      Pkg.instantiate()'
      # - uses: julia-actions/julia-buildpkg@v1
      - uses: julia-actions/julia-docdeploy@v1
      - name: Build and deploy
        env:
          GITHUB_TOKEN: ${{ secrets.GITHUB_TOKEN }} # If authenticating with GitHub Actions token
          DOCUMENTER_KEY: ${{ secrets.DOCUMENTER_KEY }} # For authentication with SSH deploy key
        run: julia --project=docs/ docs/make.jl

In the julia-docdeploy@v1 section on github, I think this may be related:

It seems that there may be a problem with ENV["DOCUMENTERKEY"] or ENV["GITHUBTOKEN"]?

What could be the easier way to solve this problem and what am I doing wrong?

I think you need to follow the instructions here: Hosting Documentation · Documenter.jl

Thx for your answer! I have done so, but sadly, it still doesn’t update the stable version, only the dev one and the previous screenshot I sent in my previous message is the same. The key seems to have been used though.

Actually, I think it worked, I have now a 0.1.9 entry in my documentation. Thx!

1 Like