Could anyone try this please?

Symbols are not recognized in vscode: no docs hint, no go-to-definition, … It does not happen always. GitHub - PetrKryslUCSD/VibrationGEPHelpers.jl: Generalized Eigenvalue Problem helper functions appears to be fine. All names from LinearAlgebra, KrylovKit, etc are recognized and the popup docs appear.

On the other hand, GitHub - PetrKryslUCSD/FinEtools.jl: Finite Element tools in Julia gives me trouble. No peeking at docs of LinearAlgebra, Test, and certainly not FinEtools itself. Only base seems to be ok.

This is driving me nuts. Does anyone have a clue whether this fixable?

Could you try to clone the package, open it in vscode, and report what is peekable? I don’t know, it might be that my setup is somehow at fault… Thanks!

I dev’ed FinEtools and opened the directory in VSCode. Seems to be working normally for me. Here is the result of hovering my cursor over mul! in one of your tests:

1 Like

No idea if this will help, but I were you I’d try deleting the package’s Manifest.toml, if any.

Another thing to look into is the active environment for the Julia VS Code extension: Julia Environments · Julia in VS Code

Many thanks, much appreciated. Did you start with no env? And dev’ed into it?

I had my default 1.10 environment which does not include LinearAlgebra. After opening the directory in VSCode, the “Choose Julia Environment” button at the bottom of the screen still indicates “Julia Environment: v1.10”. Upon opening the REPL in VSCode, FinEtools is included in the status returned but Pkg:

(@v1.10) pkg> st
Status `C:\Users\peter\.julia\environments\v1.10\Project.toml`
  [6e4b80f9] BenchmarkTools v1.4.0
  [91bb5406] FinEtools v7.3.0 `C:\Users\peter\.julia\dev\FinEtools`
  [5fb14364] OhMyREPL v0.5.23
  [021381c1] PkgOnlineHelp v0.2.3
⌃ [91a5bcdd] Plots v1.39.0
⌃ [295af30f] Revise v3.5.12
Info Packages marked with ⌃ have new versions available and may be upgradable.