Error when loading Distributions package for parallel computing

I’m using parallel computing for some parts of my Julia code and for that, I need to load 2 packages: LinearAlgebra and Distributions. Concerning LinearAlgebra I run the following code and it works:

using Distributed
using LinearAlgebra
using Distributions
addprocs(1)
@everywhere using LinearAlgebra

But when I try @everywhere using Distributions I have the following error:

On worker 2:
ArgumentError: Package Distributions not found in current path:
- Run `import Pkg; Pkg.add("Distributions")` to install the Distributions package.
require at .\loading.jl:823
eval at .\boot.jl:328
#116 at C:\Users\julia\AppData\Local\Julia-1.1.1\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Distributed\src\process_messages.jl:276
run_work_thunk at C:\Users\julia\AppData\Local\Julia-1.1.1\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Distributed\src\process_messages.jl:56
run_work_thunk at C:\Users\julia\AppData\Local\Julia-1.1.1\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Distributed\src\process_messages.jl:65
#102 at .\task.jl:259
#remotecall_wait#154(::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Function, ::Distributed.Worker, ::Module, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at C:\Users\julia\AppData\Local\Julia-1.1.1\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Distributed\src\remotecall.jl:421
remotecall_wait(::Function, ::Distributed.Worker, ::Module, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at C:\Users\julia\AppData\Local\Julia-1.1.1\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Distributed\src\remotecall.jl:412
#remotecall_wait#157(::Base.Iterators.Pairs{Union{},Union{},Tuple{},NamedTuple{(),Tuple{}}}, ::Function, ::Function, ::Int64, ::Module, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at C:\Users\julia\AppData\Local\Julia-1.1.1\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Distributed\src\remotecall.jl:433
remotecall_wait(::Function, ::Int64, ::Module, ::Vararg{Any,N} where N) at C:\Users\julia\AppData\Local\Julia-1.1.1\share\julia\stdlib\v1.1\Distributed\src\remotecall.jl:433
(::getfield(Distributed, Symbol("##161#163")){Module,Expr})() at .\task.jl:259
sync_end(::Array{Any,1}) at task.jl:226
macro expansion at task.jl:245 [inlined]
remotecall_eval(::Module, ::Array{Int64,1}, ::Expr) at macros.jl:199
top-level scope at macros.jl:183

I have the same error with LightGraphs package: @everywhere using LightGraphs doesn’t work.
What am I doing wrong? I’m using JuliaPro v. 1.1 with Julia 1.1.

This might be related to running JuliaPro alongside standard Julia.

See Problems parallelizing declaring used packages

See Load modules in several workers

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile: I know that most of the times the same questions are asked more than once… I try to find similar questions on Google but I’m not able to find them. You guys here are always able to point directly to similar questions :slight_smile: Will try your suggestions and see if I can solve the problem :slight_smile:

Your suggestions worked! Thank you!