Can not add escher pkg

I feel like I’m doing something stupid, but I can not add the escher pkg.
I cmpletely removed Julia and reinstalled it from the tar. No help. This is what I get:

(v1.0) pkg> add Escher
Cloning default registries into /home/dad/.julia/registries
Cloning registry General from “GitHub - JuliaRegistries/General: The official registry of general Julia packages
Resolving package versions…
ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package Escher [e90401ef]:
Escher [e90401ef] log:
├─possible versions are: [0.0.1-0.0.3, 0.1.0, 0.2.0-0.2.1, 0.3.0-0.3.3] or uninstalled
├─restricted to versions * by an explicit requirement, leaving only versions [0.0.1-0.0.3, 0.1.0, 0.2.0-0.2.1, 0.3.0-0.3.3]
└─restricted by julia compatibility requirements to versions: uninstalled — no versions left

Thanks for any help, I just started learning Julia yesterday so I’m a real newbe.

I figured it out.
I looked in the Compat.toml for Escher & saw that Julia 1.0 was not listed.
I installed Julia 0.7 & the Escher pkg loaded fine.

1 Like

Hi!

I am having the same issue right now. Could you kindly explain me, a newbie to Julia, what Compat.toml is? Is it still troubleshooting with Julia 1.0? Should I really download the earler version of 0.7?
Thank you very much in advance.

I’m reluctant to say this, but I don’t think you should spend any time trying to get Escher.jl working. I don’t think it’s been officially closed, but it probably won’t work on any recent version of Julia.

1 Like

Actually, at this point Escher.jl is nothing more than a wrapper around Interact.jl and Mux.jl, both of which already work with Julia 1.0 (see https://github.com/JuliaGizmos/Escher.jl/blob/master/src/Escher.jl ). So while it would be trivial to release a new version of Escher with Julia 1.0 compatibility, it would probably be better for users like @Bilgamesh to use GitHub - JuliaGizmos/Interact.jl: Interactive widgets to play with your Julia code directly.