Troubleshooting Registration Error

Hey everyone I got my package registered today. I was so excited to install it, and when I did I saw,

ERROR: Unsatisfiable requirements detected for package ChemometricsTools [a9718f02]:
 ChemometricsTools [a9718f02] log:
 ├─possible versions are: 0.2.3 or uninstalled
 ├─restricted to versions * by an explicit requirement, leaving only versions 0.2.3
 └─restricted by julia compatibility requirements to versions: uninstalled — no versions left

I’m totally baffled. I can locally install this without any issues whatsoever. I can install it from git with no problems either. But Pkg.add explodes? How do I trouble shoot this?

What Julia version did you try this on?

Julia 1.0.3 which is what I’ve used in development and on git, etc.

Ok, the issue is that the currently registered version does not support Julia 1.0. So apparently something went wrong during registration

1 Like

Interesting…

My require file is the following,

julia 1.0.3
CSV
DSP
Distributions
Documenter
DocumenterTools
Plots
StatsBase

and my Project.toml starts off like the following,

name = "ChemometricsTools"
uuid = "a9718f02-dbee-5ae5-ad0e-dfbd07fa387b"
authors = ["caseykneale "]
version = "0.2.5"

Version in the project.toml is the version of the package right?

The REQUIRE docs do make it seem like you registered correctly here.

It seems to me like the conversion from METADATA -> General is broken.

That’d be unlucky. II think other peoples registered packages are doing fine. I tried cutting a new release after checking the fine details but I doubt it’ll change anything. I wonder if theres a sneaky broken dependency somewhere but when I build there’s no real errors.

There is apparently a bug in the conversion script (@StefanKarpinski), I submitted a patch to fix it for your package, https://github.com/JuliaLang/METADATA.jl/pull/21978.

2 Likes

Thanks so much Fred, I really appreciate it. I see a lot of commands for julia and dependency version control and things like that in Julia Docs. but, I was wondering if a tutorial would ever be released? Maybe a more general “best practices” document for releasing a package into the wild.

@tkoolen helped me a lot in another post (Making a Package, 2 questions - #8 by tkoolen) but I think it’d help a lot of newcomers navigate the waters because it is hard for someone on the outside of the Julia Language development to look in and see if an error is their own or someone elses. It may also lead to more people trying to troubleshoot issues in that area of Julia too.