Building SCIP error

Hi, I’m trying to add the SCIP package to solve some optimization problems. I am using Ubuntu 18.04 and I installed SCIP already. But when I try to make the Pkg.build("SCIP") I get the next error message:

julia> Pkg.build("SCIP")
  Building SCIP → `~/.julia/packages/SCIP/hrirX/deps/build.log`
┌ Error: Error building `SCIP`: 
│ ERROR: LoadError: Unable to locate SCIP installation.
│ Tried:
│       /usr/bin/local/bin/libscip.so
│       /usr/bin/local/lib/libscip.so
│       libscip.so
│ Note that this must be downloaded separately from scip.zib.de.
│ Please set the environment variable SCIPOPTDIR to SCIP's installation path.
│ 
│ Stacktrace:
│  [1] error(::String) at ./error.jl:33
│  [2] top-level scope at /home/arielxx/.julia/packages/SCIP/hrirX/deps/build.jl:48
│  [3] include at ./boot.jl:328 [inlined]
│  [4] include_relative(::Module, ::String) at ./loading.jl:1094
│  [5] include(::Module, ::String) at ./Base.jl:31
│  [6] include(::String) at ./client.jl:431
│  [7] top-level scope at none:5
│ in expression starting at /home/arielxx/.julia/packages/SCIP/hrirX/deps/build.jl:47
└ @ Pkg.Operations /buildworker/worker/package_linux64/build/usr/share/julia/stdlib/v1.2/Pkg/src/backwards_compatible_isolation.jl:647
false

I have tried with different julia versions and it’s the same. I installed SCIP doing make installso I don’t have the location of the libscip.so file and can’t set the environment variable SCIPOPTDIR.

Please, any help will be appreciated. Thanks

If you used the cmake install procedure (recommended, I believe), the default install location should be /usr/local, so that’s what SCIPOPTDIR should be set to (haven’t checked, but pretty sure). You can also run updatedb (probably requires sudo) to update the locate database, followed by locate libscip.so to make sure (libscip.so will be in the lib subdirectory of SCIPOPTDIR). You can also use cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/whatever/directory .. instead of cmake .. to control where SCIP is installed, so that SCIPOPTDIR=/whatever/directory.

2 Likes

Yes, you were absolutely right. Thank you very much

1 Like