AOT Compiling? Performance Comparison

Hello Guys,

i want to make a Comparison between OOP and Functional Programming. For my Performance Part i wrote an Algorithm in C++ which can run on N threads. I want to write the same code (the logic behind) in Julia and compare the speed. I dont have the priviliges to install Julia i.e. on the Compute-Server i would do the Performance analyisis on, what is the best possible way to run Julia-Code on that Computer? Is there any way to compile Julia Code and run is just like an executable?
The C++ Code i just compiled on a Linux VM and then copied the executables to the Compute-Server and i was able to test the Performance that way.
The second Part of my Question is about Threadding in Julia. Are there any good Libraries i can use for that? I would love to have a Framework where i can just push “Jobs” to a Queue and set an amount of Workers so that i can easily test the Performance on diffrent amount of parallel Threads (72, 36, 16, 4, 2, 1).

Im new to Functional Programming and i just started learning. I appreciate every help, hint, … i can get.

Ty in advanced.

Edit:// So i so this Demo for Example About Threadding

But i dont know how good this solution would be for my usecase since i have no priviliges to install anything on the server, and there cant pass the Number of Threads parameter to Julia bevor running the programm JIT-Compiled

Hi and welcome to Julia
Installing Julia on Linux does not require special privileges just extract the generic Linux binaries in any folder you want and run it https://julialang.org/downloads/platform/

Did you tried it?

1 Like

ah okay that works :slight_smile:

is there any way to set the number of threads dynamically within the code?

I guess not, the number of threads is fixed from the beginning.
But things are moving fast in this area… so maybe I’m wrong :sweat_smile: