[ANN] "Web Development with Julia and Genie" is out!

I am excited to announce the release of my new book, “Web Development with Julia and Genie.” This comprehensive guide covers everything you need to know about web development with Julia and Genie.

The book begins with an intro to the Julia web development ecosystem, covering fundamental packages like HTTP and WebSockets. We then dive into a step-by-step tutorial on how to create a web app to manage a todo list with Genie – complete with multi-user and user authentication support. Building on this initial app we then add a REST API and set up an admin area which includes an interactive data dashboard for exploring key insights about our personal productivity.

Throughout the book we’ll follow modern web development practices and techniques, paying special attention to testing (unit and integration), Git/GitHub actions and CI/CD. We’ll see how to use Docker to containerize Genie apps and how to deploy on AWS and Heroku.

Whether you are new to web development with Julia and Genie, or looking to improve your skills, this book is for you.

Available now for ordering at Amazon.

If you want to support my author journey and my open source work with Genie, please share by liking or retweeting the release announcement on Twitter. Thank you! :heart:

45 Likes