[ANN] Publish.jl

Do cells work well with the live server aspect? And how fine grained is the updating process, is it per changed file or finer than that? For example, in the Makie docs we sometimes generate multiple animations per page, and it would be cool to tweak one at a time, without reexecuting all the others, as that would take a bit of time.

Currently zero caching of results, it’ll reevaluate every cell within the page. I’d definitely like some form of smart updating at some point, it’s on the roadmap. So currently for your Makie use case it won’t be usable unfortunately.

Ok thanks, still sounds like a very cool project. I’ll come back to it

Could someone help me understand how to deploy project document generated by “Publish” to github pages?

I tried to look into the publish.jl document for the steps but I couldn’t find any details regarding this. If someone can point me in the right direction then it would be helpful.

It should just be a case of adapting the configuration found in https://github.com/MichaelHatherly/Publish.jl/blob/master/.github/workflows/Publish.yml to match your package. You’ll need to have an empty gh-pages branch before hand though.

The idea behind not discussing deployment options in the docs was to not be prescriptive in how people deployed their finished project, but there probably is a need to at least briefly discuss the options in the docs.

2 Likes

Thanks @mike this helps a ton :slight_smile:

1 Like