A while back @viralbshah asked me whether it was possible to have a way to create a single-page webpage for packages “really easily” with Franklin, well, here it is.
@zlatan and I are happy to announce PkgPage.jl a package that builds on Franklin.jl with a single-page bootstrap 4 template that is mostly pre-arranged so that you won’t need to fiddle with HTML/CSS to get a nice looking landing page. The layout and colour scheme can easily be customised (e.g. use a hero, a different logo, add a link to docs, wider or narrower body etc.)
Here are a few reasons why you might want to consider this:
- it will look nicer than a GitHub README
- you can show maths (with KaTeX)
- you can use any highlightjs theme
- you can demo Julia code that gets evaluated on the fly
- easy to use, no need to tweak HTML or CSS code to get a good result (you can if you want a more custom look)
Note also that even though it uses the Bootstrap framework we:
- use purgecss in the deploy phase to decrease the size of the boostrap stylesheet from 160K to ±10K.
So overall the generated page is responsive and light.
To get started: add the package and follow the instructions.
We hope you’ll find this useful!
ps: thanks to @Wikunia for beta testing and help with the code!
PPs: here’s a screencast of me using PkgPage live (be nice, I’m not very good with this screencasting thing)