ANN: JuMP-dev 2021

Dear all,

We are pleased to announce that JuMP-dev 2021 will be co-located with JuliaCon 2021!

The purpose of JuMP-dev is to bring together students, researchers, and practitioners with interests in the software aspects of JuMP and related packages. In particular, we invite new contributors and those who have not met the core development team.

How do I attend?

JuliaCon 2021 is entirely virtual and free to attend, but registration is required.

Where is the schedule?

Talks for JuMP-dev are scheduled under the “JuMP-dev” track of JuliaCon https://pretalx.com/juliacon2021/schedule/

How do I watch the talks?

Links will be made available on the JuliaCon website: JuliaCon 2021 & JuMP-dev, Everywhere on Earth. The talks will also be on YouTube if you can’t watch live.

How to I ask questions of the speaker?

First, register for JuliaCon. Registering will allow you to access the Discord server (link still to come…) where there will be a JuMP-dev chatroom to talk to the core developers and ask questions.

See you at JuMP-dev,

Oscar

18 Likes

Dear all,

A reminder that you have one more week to submit abstracts!

Note that due to the tight timeframe between now and the conference, there will be no extensions to the deadline.

Oscar

2 Likes

Hi @odow, is there any update on the detailed program of the upcoming JuMP.dev?

1 Like

I noticed the program is available as part of the JuliaCon schedule,

https://pretalx.com/juliacon2021/schedule/

The program looks really fantastic! Are there any plans for meet ups to discuss the talks / ask questions of the speakers?

2 Likes

@SonLe, Carleton helpfully pointed out the schedule. We have a lot of excellent talks!

You can register by going to: JuliaCon 2021 & JuMP-dev, Everywhere on Earth.

An email should go out next week with a link to a website where you can watch the talks (they will also be on YouTube).

Are there any plans for meet ups to discuss the talks / ask questions of the speakers?

Yes. For people who register there will be a Discord server to ask questions of the speakers. (Links to follow in a couple of days. The setup is being finalized. If you register now, you will get an email with the details.)

3 Likes

Ohh, I don’t notice the JuMP track column in Juliacon schedule. Many thanks for pointing out.

1 Like