An animal for Julia?

How about the lisp alien, riding the llvm dragon, with a viking helmet and a julia flag in one of its hands? :smiley:

11 Likes

Someone with artistic skills should made a draft. I like this idea so much.

That’s pretty awesome.

1 Like

What about koala ? It is rather friendly creature and would be nice in the logo. I am not sure is it in use in th oreilly books or elsewhere.

Cerberus the 3 headed dog. One head for each Julia dot…

3 Likes

It is good idea that Julia has any symbolic logo. Python has the cute snake logo but Julia does not.

Julia would get more attendance for that. I like butterfly one. I think it can stands for Julia’s feature, because Julia is fast and light language :butterfly:

8 Likes

I remember there was a twitter account with this avatar back in Julia 0.43, but haven’t seen it for a while

Hard to think of a better summary of Julia’s stated goals:

c.f. https://youtu.be/_nK6LEeEPFU?t=36s

7 Likes

I was making a logo for JuliaCN, then I suddenly notice that we can have dragon as the animal for Julia, this is because dragon do play (Julia) balls, if you don’t believe me, check the following picture! and you can also google it lol!

20 Likes

Hey all, a bit late to the party, but I came up with this cute walkie-talkie.

They’re called Dispatch, and they were born in this blog post.

11 Likes

I wanna plushie of it! :scream:

2 Likes

Some birds of paradise come with the colors almost for free (ceyx erithaca):

2 Likes

As a biologist I feel the need to correct the physicist, sorry. That’s not a bird of paradise, that’s a kingfisher.

4 Likes

I’m a Chemist! :angry: :angry: :angry: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Oh, I guess I misidentified your species then! Sorry!!! :joy:

12 Likes

Nobody is perfect :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Not the kingfisher that I know (Portuguese “guarda-rios”) but yes, it looks like a kingfisher (Geophysicist here)

Why restrict ourselves to one animal ?

We can have 4 butterflies of color (red, green, blue and purple) , like the ones in the following picture.

4 Likes

Or, we could just not adopt a mascot at all and stick with our current, clean nice visual branding. :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Dolphins are not only fast, but also human friendly, very smart, quick learners, problem-solvers, with a highly developed language, demonstrating empathy, innovation, teaching skills, joy and playfulness.

Here comes Julia:

(adapted from VectorStock.com)

NB:
She can also swim as fast as a C-Shark

19 Likes