2 permanent academic positions in Engineering Maths, University of Bristol

Not directly Julia related but I figure there are probably a fair few Julians interested in academic jobs, particularly around maths and data science —

2 permanent academic positions in Engineering Mathematics (Bristol, UK) now available (research+teaching)! The department is strong in (general) math modelling, dynamical systems, AI+data science, and robotics Details | Working at Bristol | University of Bristol

Feel free to ask me any questions about the department (direct message or reply to this thread).

7 Likes

It gets better, we’ve just had three more positions approved, though this time teaching focussed. One general maths Details | Working at Bristol | University of Bristol and 2 data science Details | Working at Bristol | University of Bristol (yes, we’re expanding!)

4 Likes

So why not teach Julia in the Engineering Mathematics undergraduate degree at Bristol? :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m working on it :blush: There are a few other Julia users in the department and I mention it in my scientific computing unit (and accept submissions in Julia), though since I’m co-teaching with two others it I have to go with the majority (Python…).

1 Like

I better come clean: My son is in the second year of Engineering Mathematics in your department. :grin: I keep showing him how elegant Julia is! :joy:

Also, I see you published a paper(in Nature) with Tom Hill. He and I are doing some work together. Small world.

Anyway this is definitely a Julia networking thread and perhaps there are more UK academics out there that could chip in about how Julia is being adopted.

2 Likes