Yolo.jl [CUDA] related issue

I am working on a server with Tesla M60. When i try running the sample code am getting the following error. Using CUDA.jl I checked the versioninfo() and gpu is recognized and working. What is the cause of this error and possible solution for the error.

WARNING: could not import CUDNN.cudnnTensorDescriptor into CUDNN
WARNING: could not import CUDNN.cudnnFilterDescriptor into CUDNN
WARNING: could not import CUDNN.cudnnActivationForwardAD into CUDNN
WARNING: could not import CUDNN.cudnnSoftmaxForwardAD into CUDNN
WARNING: could not import CUDNN.cudnnPoolingForwardAD into CUDNN
WARNING: could not import CUDNN.cudnnDropoutForwardAD into CUDNN
WARNING: could not import CUDNN.cudnnRNNForwardAD into CUDNN
ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: LoadError: UndefVarError: cudnnRNNTempSpaceSizes not defined

I don’t know the Yolo.jl package. But the first thing I would guess is that it might be incompatible with the CUDA.jl version installed. Try ]st to find out the CUDA.jl version. Also, you can try ]test CUDA to see if CUDNN workers as expected.

Hey thanks for the reply. I tried ]test CUDA and it is failing. CUDA.versioninfo() shows CUDNN in its dependencies. I am currently trying to find out what the issue is with CUDA package. Other than ]test CUDA is there a way to check if the CUDA package is initialized properly. Thanks.

If CUDA.versioninfo() works, the package initializes successfully. Try creating a CuArray to verify.

Hey thanks for the reply. I created a CuArray and checked. It is working but ]test is still failing. Is there any other way I can traceback the issue? I am using CUDA v3.5.0.

What is the exact failure? There’s thousands of tests, and it’s possible that some fail on an untested platform. You can file an issue for this.

On running ]test CUDA it fails with this error.

Testing Running tests…
ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: UndefVarError: parameters not defined
Stacktrace:
[1] call!(builder::LLVM.Builder, rt::GPUCompiler.Runtime.RuntimeMethodInstance, args::Vector{LLVM.ConstantExpr})
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\rtlib.jl:57
[2] emit_exception!(builder::LLVM.Builder, name::String, inst::LLVM.CallInst)
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\irgen.jl:262
[3] macro expansion
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\irgen.jl:212 [inlined]
[4] macro expansion
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\TimerOutputs\SSeq1\src\TimerOutput.jl:252 [inlined]
[5] lower_throw!(mod::LLVM.Module)
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\irgen.jl:173
[6] module_pass_callback(ptr::Ptr{Nothing}, data::Ptr{Nothing})
@ LLVM C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\LLVM\srSVa\src\pass.jl:21
[7] macro expansion
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\LLVM\srSVa\src\util.jl:85 [inlined]
[8] LLVMRunPassManager
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\LLVM\srSVa\lib\11\libLLVM_h.jl:4707 [inlined]
[9] run!
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\LLVM\srSVa\src\passmanager.jl:39 [inlined]
[10] (::GPUCompiler.var"#51#53"{GPUCompiler.CompilerJob{GPUCompiler.PTXCompilerTarget, CUDA.CUDACompilerParams, GPUCompiler.FunctionSpec{typeof(GPUCompiler.Runtime.box_bool), Tuple{Bool}}}, LLVM.Module})(pm::LLVM.ModulePassManager)
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\irgen.jl:82
[11] LLVM.ModulePassManager(::GPUCompiler.var"#51#53"{GPUCompiler.CompilerJob{GPUCompiler.PTXCompilerTarget, CUDA.CUDACompilerParams, GPUCompiler.FunctionSpec{typeof(GPUCompiler.Runtime.box_bool), Tuple{Bool}}}, LLVM.Module})
@ LLVM C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\LLVM\srSVa\src\passmanager.jl:33
[12] macro expansion
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\TimerOutputs\SSeq1\src\TimerOutput.jl:252 [inlined]
[13] irgen(job::GPUCompiler.CompilerJob, method_instance::Core.MethodInstance, world::UInt64)
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\irgen.jl:65
[14] macro expansion
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\driver.jl:130 [inlined]
[15] macro expansion
[16] macro expansion
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\driver.jl:129 [inlined]
[17] emit_llvm(job::GPUCompiler.CompilerJob, method_instance::Any, world::UInt64; libraries::Bool, deferred_codegen::Bool, optimize::Bool, only_entry::Bool)
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\utils.jl:62
[18] codegen(output::Symbol, job::GPUCompiler.CompilerJob; libraries::Bool, deferred_codegen::Bool, optimize::Bool, strip::Bool, validate::Bool, only_entry::Bool)
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\driver.jl:55
[19] emit_function!(mod::LLVM.Module, job::GPUCompiler.CompilerJob, f::Function, method::GPUCompiler.Runtime.RuntimeMethodInstance)
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\rtlib.jl:76
[20] build_runtime(job::GPUCompiler.CompilerJob, ctx::LLVM.Context)
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\rtlib.jl:126
[21] load_runtime(job::GPUCompiler.CompilerJob, ctx::LLVM.Context)
@ GPUCompiler C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\GPUCompiler\XwWPj\src\rtlib.jl:174
[22] (::CUDA.var"#186#188"{Set{VersionNumber}, CUDA.CUDACompilerParams, GPUCompiler.FunctionSpec{CUDA.var"#185#187", Tuple{}}})(ctx::LLVM.Context)
@ CUDA C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\CUDA\M4jkK\src\device\runtime.jl:21
[23] LLVM.Context(f::CUDA.var"#186#188"{Set{VersionNumber}, CUDA.CUDACompilerParams, GPUCompiler.FunctionSpec{CUDA.var"#185#187", Tuple{}}})
@ LLVM C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\LLVM\srSVa\src\core\context.jl:22
[24] JuliaContext
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\LLVM\srSVa\src\interop\base.jl:29 [inlined]
[25] precompile_runtime
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\CUDA\M4jkK\src\device\runtime.jl:15 [inlined]
[26] precompile_runtime()
@ CUDA C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\CUDA\M4jkK\src\device\runtime.jl:13
[27] top-level scope
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\CUDA\M4jkK\test\setup.jl:23
[28] include(fname::String)
@ Base.MainInclude .\client.jl:444
[29] top-level scope
@ C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\CUDA\M4jkK\test\runtests.jl:51
[30] include(fname::String)
@ Base.MainInclude .\client.jl:444
[31] top-level scope
@ none:6
in expression starting at C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\CUDA\M4jkK\test\setup.jl:23
in expression starting at C:\Users\GPU.julia\packages\CUDA\M4jkK\test\runtests.jl:51
ERROR: Package CUDA errored during testing

That looks like Both ExprTools and LLVM export "parameters" · Issue #214 · JuliaGPU/GPUCompiler.jl · GitHub – you’re probably using outdated packages.

Had exactly same issue. Found that CUDA was outdated and LLVM not installed. Solution was simply:

]
add LLVM
up CUDA

After that, CUDA testing ran properly.