Why is LoopVectorization deprecated?

check_empty=true/false didn’t change between early Julia versions and 1.10.
We could make check_empty=true the default.

Closing this because tests pass on 1.11, while check_empty=false should’ve also caused segfaults in older Julia versions. Test cleanup · JuliaSIMD/LoopVectorization.jl@eeaa0b2 · GitHub

But if anyone wants to contribute towards v1.12, the SciML Small Grants outlines that project and we’d be happy to up the ante. Maintenance never ends, so it’ll need v1.13 updates too!

2 Likes

I think based on unstable code in Julia 1.10,
The readme note about unstable code in Julia 1.10 must be removed, It makes the users distrust installing the package in 1.10.x versions.

Please make 1.10 LTS, and let LV reliably run on it

1 Like

This has been announced in the Juliacon, and 1.10 will become the LTS once 1.11 is released (which isn’t too far away)

11 Likes

Hi @ChrisRackauckas! How should donations to numfocus / SciML be tagged for the LV small grants program?

Feel free to make PRs to the README.

Should also perhaps add a link to the small grants program.
Note that fixing regressions, e.g. those from 1.12, is vastly easier than writing the code in the first place.
It’s mostly straightforward mechanical changes. Because it’s also a regression, you can also compare older and newer Julia versions side by side to better understand the changes.

It really isn’t hard. But it isn’t a mentorship program, so you shouldn’t expect any guidance aside from what you can get asking in open channels like discourse, slack, or zulip.

I hate to break it to you @tecosaur, but your emacs config might merely make you a millionaire, rather than a multi-millionaire.

2 Likes

If you leave a note that should be sufficient.

This is truly devastating news.

1 Like

Maybe I am missing something obvious, but I dont see any option to leave a note. There is only space to provide name and address information after that there is only a button to pay. If I remember correctly there is also no way to add a note after paying (though I might be wrong, it was a bit ago)

Well, there is the field “Are you donating on behalf of an organization or a company?” Is that where we should drop a note?

I guess so. In the latest versions I don’t see any other spot.

1 Like