Which JuMP supported solvers work well on Apple M2?

Looking at a new laptop RN and found this interesting discussion regarding Operations Research on M1:

There is also this discussion on this discourse regarding CPLEX.jl on M2:

However, the first discussion was last updated October '21 and the second discussion September '22. Any one have an intersection on JuMP supported solvers and what works on M2? @odow Any solvers that are confirmed to work as well as or better than on Intel chips?

Any one have an intersection on JuMP supported solvers and what works on M2?

See Tracking M1 support · Issue #2971 · jump-dev/JuMP.jl · GitHub. If anything doesn’t work, then that’s a bug we should fix.

The only exception, as far as I’m aware, are Clp and Cbc: Support for Apple M1 · Issue #131 · jump-dev/Clp.jl · GitHub

(But you should just use HiGHS instead for (MI)LP.)

The latest version of CPLEX works: CPLEX.jl does not support Apple M1 · Issue #384 · jump-dev/CPLEX.jl · GitHub.

1 Like

Has the issue with Ipopt resolved? (I’m especially working on non-linear problems lately). Or you still think that it’s a non-issue?

I’m not sure. I’ve used Ipopt on my M1, and I think it was passing all tests last time I checked. I’m not aware of anyone reporting any recent issues.

1 Like