Weird errors installing Julia client and ink

Windows 10 here.
First I tried the package installer in Atom. That failed (incompatible version of uber-juno 0.2??).
Then I got down to the command line and I got:

$ apm install ink
Installing ink to C:\Users\PK\.atom\packages failed

> ink@0.10.10 postinstall C:\Users\PK\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-11955-5544-1yomxi1.58f4\node_modules\ink
> node scripts/postinstall.js

npm WARN lifecycle npm is using C:\Users\PK\AppData\Local\atom\app-1.37.0\resources\app\apm\bin\node.exe but there is no node binary in the current PATH. Use the `--scripts-prepend-node-path` option to include the path for the node binary npm was executed with.
'node' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
npm WARN enoent ENOENT: no such file or directory, open 'C:\Users\PK\AppData\Local\Temp\apm-install-dir-11955-5544-1yomxi1.58f4\package.json'
npm WARN apm-install-dir-11955-5544-1yomxi1.58f4 No description
npm WARN apm-install-dir-11955-5544-1yomxi1.58f4 No repository field.
npm WARN apm-install-dir-11955-5544-1yomxi1.58f4 No README data
npm WARN apm-install-dir-11955-5544-1yomxi1.58f4 No license field.

npm ERR! code ELIFECYCLE
npm ERR! errno 1
npm ERR! ink@0.10.10 postinstall: `node scripts/postinstall.js`
npm ERR! Exit status 1
npm ERR!
npm ERR! Failed at the ink@0.10.10 postinstall script.
npm ERR! This is probably not a problem with npm. There is likely additional logging output above.

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR!     C:\Users\PK\.atom\.apm\_logs\2019-06-06T03_04_23_421Z-debug.log

Is this a known issue? How does one deal with it? Even wiping the .atom folder clean does not help.

Wiped Atom cleanly off my computer. Fresh install from the installer: no problem installing uber-juno 0.2.0, all went smoothly. Go figure. The only thing I can think of that was different the second time around was that the first time I did not have Julia installed, the second time it was already installed and in the path. Would that make a difference?

Third time around: no Julia, installation of ink as above, same failure.

Fourth installation: from the installer, with Julia, no problems.