Weird error in function call v0.6

I am new to v0.6 and I don’t understand the reason for the following error, your help is appreciated!

Here is the function and part of the error which pretty much explain what I am trying to do. I am passing in a data type, and 2 tuples of 3 integers each. The colors from REPL don’t show up below, but it seems that the first parameter is ok, the second and third are colored in red. So it seems that it is not matching (1,2,3) for example to a Vararg{Int}

cell_connectivity{N<:Integer}(T::DataType, pextents::NTuple{N,Int}, _cell_ind::NTuple{N,Int})
ERROR: MethodError: no method matching cell_connectivity(::Type{VTKDataTypes.VTK
RectilinearData{Float64}}, ::Tuple{Int64,Int64,Int64}, ::Tuple{Int64,Int64,Int64
})
Closest candidates are:
  cell_connectivity(::DataType, ::Tuple{Vararg{Int64,N<:Integer}}, ::Tuple{Varar
g{Int64,N<:Integer}}) where N<:Integer at D:\JuliaDev\VTKDataTypes\src\propertie
s_utils.jl:80

Also when I use where N <: Integer after the parameters instead of the v0.5-like syntax, I get the following error when loading the module.

ERROR: LoadError: LoadError: LoadError: LoadError: TypeError: Type{...} expressi
on: expected UnionAll, got VTKDataTypes.#cell_connectivity

Don’t use N <: Integer here. That syntax would require that N be some subtype of Integer (like N = Int), but you actually want the type of N to be some subtype of Integer (like N::Int). Just drop the <: Integer part.

1 Like

Right I got mixed up thanks.