VS Code Keybinding

Hello,

I am wondering if there is a way to change the behavior of ctrl + Enter in later versions to match that in version 1.4.3 (i.e. copying the current line or selected lines to REPL and evaluating it). I understand that this change is probably part of the effort to match the behavior of keybindings in the Notebook, but I personally prefer the previous mode. For instance, if the line being executed is a line within a function, the full function will be evaluated now, but many times I really just want to evaluate that single line and ctrl + Enter in version 1.4.3 will do the job perfectly.
Thank you!

Best

Yes, in File->Preferences->Keyboard Shortcuts, add Ctrl-Enter to Julia: Send Current Line or Selection to REPL and remove it from the conflicting Julia command.
I agree that this is useful action and having a keyboard shortcut in the default settings would be a good thing

1 Like

Thanks for your reply! This was very helpful.
For future reference, I added the following lines (from ver. 1.4.3) to user’s keybindings.json:

{
        "command": "language-julia.executeJuliaCodeInREPL",
        "key": "ctrl+Enter",
        "when": "editorTextFocus && editorLangId == julia || editorLangId == juliamarkdown && activeEditor != workbench.editor.notebook"
    }

This then overrides the default behavior.