Visual workflow tool for Julia - let's build one!

Have you tried Alteryx Designer? It’s my go-to ETL tool here at my work. It’s really easy to use and you can do almost any data transformation. The one things that’s really remarkable is that it can take really big data sets (30GB csv files) and work with it easily.

The only drawback I can see of this is its high price (you can get a free one-year university license though) and it will hinder (just a bit) your programming skills.

I haven’t tried Alteryx, I tried other solutions such as Qlikview or Tableu but now I’m looking for something free if possible and able to integrate with Julia.

In many cases, those types of tools are heavy and not useful for complex projects but one. Knime seems to have solved most of the problems the other tools have (I choosed to work on it for years in order to avoid coding lines and lines for most of the time trivial things). I only regret the lack of the julia language. So including the julia language in it could be an idea.

1 Like

i found knime very hard to get into

Question of taste. It oculd be rather difficult if you’re not a programmer yourself. I choose it for I could do interesting things from the first day. You can mingle easily R, Python, java, javascript and others. Very complete tool with visual encapsulation, loops, case if, catch try, a bunch of connectors, a lot of good tutorials. But the subject was Julia (why develop what has already been done and pretty well ?), I checked and a ticket had been opened from the Knime community to include Julia but it seems it’s not a priority at the moment…As it is open source, if somebody knows java. It could be an idea for pandemy times.