Update julia 0.6.1 -> 0.6.2 in anaconda

I am completely new to julia so please bear with me! I am using julia with anaconda. Its version is 0.6.1. Pkg.update() seems to update all the installed packages. How should I upgrade to the next version (which now is 0.6.2)?

You download it from Download Julia

Does it mean each time one upgrade is available, you need to reinstall julia? So you need to install all the packages again?

Yes.

Not when upgrading from v0.6.1 to v0.6.2. Packages are installed in your ~/.julia/v0.6/ folder and are the same for all v0.6.x releases.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot :slight_smile:

This seems still the case: no upgrading possible. I am on WIn10, locally installed JuliaPro 1.3 after 1.2, uninstalled JuliaPro1.2, and package JuliaInXL doesnt work any more: it doesn’t find Julia.
Uninstalling JuliaInXL in “add or Delete programs” , deleting/renaming the JuliaInXL.xllI did not help: Pkg.add(“JuliainXL”) ends without error but nothing is installed.
Any help is dearly welcome!

This is a completely separate issue. Please email the juliapro support email for help.

The user manual says in the registry, sometimes the keys
Hkey_Current_User/Software/Julia1.3.1 and Hkey_Local_Machine/Software/Julia1.3.1 don’t get deleted when uninstalling. They need to be deleted. That should take care of the not being able to reinstall the same version of Julia. Now what about JuliaInXL?