Update Conda JupyterLab kernel with Julia 1.4.2

I’ve been building Conda JupyterLab notebooks with a Julia 1.4.1 kernel. I’ve downloaded 1.4.2, but JupyterLab doesn’t see it. Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks.

Hi Robert. Running Pkg.build IJulia should install an updated kernel.

1 Like

Eric, thanks for answering, but that didn’t work (I think). I installed 1.4.2 from the Julia website, then ran the Julia REPL from Atom, went into package mode, and typed “build IJulia”, and it dutifully built 1.4.1.

So, no luck. Maybe I have to move 1.4.2 to where Conda can find it? Any ideas?

Thanks again.

Sorry Robert, I’m out of ideas. I don’t use Atom, so I don’t know if that has something to do with it. I had a similar issue to yours, but using JupyterLab. I rebuilt IJulia and it seemed to do the trick. Maybe I’m wrong.

Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Hi, Eric. I think my problems stem from using JuliaPro, which I didn’t mention. If I install JuliaPro 1.4.2, Conda and JupyterLab picked up Julia 1.4.2, and they seem to work, though I did have to reinstall packages, like Plots, and now I have two versions of JuliaPro on my machine.

Maybe someone more experienced than me can tell me how to manage Julia, JuliaPro, Conda, and Jupyter on a single (Windows) machine.

Thanks for your interest and help.

Bob