Unable to display plot using the REPL. GKS errors

I recently changed my OS to Ubuntu on my laptop and reinstalled Julia. When trying to plot something, I have the following messages:

julia> using Plots

julia> plot(randn(20))
/home/dcaron/.julia/v0.6/GR/src/../deps/gr/bin/gksqt: error while loading shared libraries: libQt5Widgets.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
connect: Connection refused
GKS: can't connect to GKS socket application
Did you start 'gksqt'?

GKS: Open failed in routine OPEN_WS
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSOP or WSAC in routine ACTIVATE_WS
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine FILLAREA
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine FILLAREA
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine POLYLINE
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine POLYLINE
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine TEXT
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine TEXT

On Atom, i am able to display plots, so i am guessing it is a problem related with the package GR.

It seems that the Qt5 run-time is missing on your laptop.

sudo apt-get install qt5-default

should fix the problem.

Unable to Plot in REPL

If this doesn’t help, ensure that the GR run-time is up-to-date:

ENV["GRDIR"] = ""
Pkg.build("GR")

It worked, thanks a lot!