Plot Issue on Ubuntu 18.04.4 LTS

I am trying to use plots in Julia (1.04) from the terminal, to graph a time column (I already transformed it to time data). I have not been able to graph any type of matrix, in all cases it throws the following error:

/home/halley/.julia/packages/GR/yMV3y/src/…/deps/gr/bin/gksqt: error while loading shared libraries: libQtGui.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
connect: Conexión rehusada
GKS: can’t connect to GKS socket application
GKS: Open failed in routine OPEN_WS
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSOP or WSAC in routine ACTIVATE_WS
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine FILLAREA
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine FILLAREA
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine POLYLINE
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine POLYLINE
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine TEXT
GKS: GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine TEXT

Try sudo apt install libqtgui4

I have already tried it and it continues with the same problem …

I tried answering because I use Ubuntu too, and I remember some similar problem when I started using Plots and GR two years ago, but sorry, I can’t help. Relations between Qt, GKS and GR are mysterious for me.

Good luck !

I am on Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS. With Julia 1.5.2.
I have the same problem:
Same list of messages as you.

GKS not in proper state. GKS must be either in the state WSAC or SGOP in routine POLYLINE

However it happens on a aleatory basis. Let’s say 33% of the times. I need to restart REPL and the problem disappears.