Type hierarchy graphic in docs build

Is there any pre-existing method for generating a type hierarchy as a graphic image for a Documenter build?

My goal is to have the graphic generated automatically.

2 Likes

Maybe graphviz tool will work for you. there is julia binding. Generating DOT file calling subtypes() recursively should be easy.

2 Likes

GraphRecipes.jl?

4 Likes

do these two threads + these responses put together almost work?

Light graphs could work they do have a hierarchy thingy majig. I had trouble getting flowchart like behaviour with light graph plots.

1 Like

If, for some reasons, graphical representation is not absolute priority and automated ascii type hierarchy generation is enough, you may use this solution https://github.com/JuliaLang/julia/issues/24741#issuecomment-496212498

3 Likes

@chakravala - I’m starting to kick something off for this type of thing because it keeps coming up. Someone asked for some design docs for the AnalysisWorkflows project and I realized it’s time I worked on the project… I started a repo here: GitHub - caseykneale/Sherlock.jl: A high functioning package detective. Feel free to contribute too it if you want, do your own thing, or hang out while I chip away to make it useful.

1 Like

I will look into all these suggestions when I have time.

Note that I need something that works on a Travis CI for building the documentation. It’s not enough if it can run in a local REPL, it also needs to work on Travis CI.

1 Like

Gotchya gotchya, I think this could work for that if I build it right. I’ll try my best to keep that in mind as things go :).

1 Like